Bizarre, probably unpleasant, death.

What a strange way to go.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6185854.stm

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2006, 06:00 PM
survivorfan Wrote:What a strange way to go.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6185854.stm

Good Grief, how weird ! I cant believe they blamed a putrefying body on rats though.... :bored:

Reminds me of this other surreal death, not long ago.....

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/article/0...96,00.html

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Unfortunately there's something almost comical about those stories, that is until you think about what a lingering death those people had, then it becomes awful.

I think it was Bill Bryson in one of his books mentioned the huge number of accidents-by-furniture that happen each year in the USA! I'll have to go look for it.

ANother thing I just looked for, but couldn't find, was a story I read about five years ago in the online Fortean Times. It concerned another bizarre death, this time of a man in Greece I think it was, who died while having sex with a chicken. In his case he was at the bottom of a quarry, busy doing what he was doing, when a huge boulder fell down on him, killing both him and the chicken. It sounds like a spoof, but it was for real - there was a police photo taken at the scene which left no doubt.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
26-11-2006, 06:45 PM
survivorfan Wrote:Unfortunately there's something almost comical about those stories, that is until you think about what a lingering death those people had, then it becomes awful.

I think it was Bill Bryson in one of his books mentioned the huge number of accidents-by-furniture that happen each year in the USA! I'll have to go look for it.

ANother thing I just looked for, but couldn't find, was a story I read about five years ago in the online Fortean Times. It concerned another bizarre death, this time of a man in Greece I think it was, who died while having sex with a chicken. In his case he was at the bottom of a quarry, busy doing what he was doing, when a huge boulder fell down on him, killing both him and the chicken. It sounds like a spoof, but it was for real - there was a police photo taken at the scene which left no doubt.

Ive got a real morbid fascination with the Strange Deaths section of the Fortean Times.

Lovin the chicken shagga story.... :laugh:

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Saddam sentenced to death! Bella 23 2,454 08-11-2006 09:17 AM
Last Post: littlemissbig
  Secondary Causes of Death... msgirl 3 659 05-07-2006 06:41 AM
Last Post: msgirl