Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black & white items?
01-09-2005, 11:24 PM
Black & white items?

I've been watching lost religiously for the last few weeks, as well as stepping into "Lost Untold" on the C4 website, and I can't help noticing these black and white counter-type items, which appeared in one of the episodes on Wednesday (can't remember which - sorry), where they found the skeletons and Jack picked up a little bag with 2 counters in, a black one and a white one.

These are all over the Lost Untold section of C4, you can barely get anywhere without haveing to make a decision between the black or white.

Also, in one of the early episodes (the first?), when Locke first talked to Walt, and they played backgammon, Locke made a point of the black and white counters.

Maybe it's nothing, but I'm intrigued to find out what it's all about...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Black & white items?
I don't have a clue what it means.....but I'm off to the C4 Lost site to have a look!
07-09-2005, 09:40 AM
Black & white items?
I like you Tom have been wondering the significance of the black and white items......I am thankfully not losing any sleep over it....yet....but it does provide me with a bit of a lateral brain work out when other parts of the show fail to stimulate my grey matter!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Black & white items?
Hello strangers!:wub:

OK, I have this sussed, very simple really, and explains (to my mind) what is going on here. Think black and white, think good and bad, think angels and demons. Anyone with me still?? If you are you, like me, have it all worked out! :naughty:

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
07-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Black & white items?
Oh I've gone beyond that Eternity....I'm looking into the deeper meanisn of the black and white...good bad issues...does the number of black and white pieces match the number sof dead and alive (white alive black dead)....will each of the survivors some how end up with a number of black and white things and as good or bad things happen to them will the number of white or black things reduce......if someone eats a white or black item will it make them feel good or bad.....what happens when you burn a black or white item....will toxic gasses escape and fill the island with death...more than has already been made apparent.....or....are the black and white items simply a means of playing board games when the survivors get bored of an evening?

So many questions!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
07-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Black & white items?
Welcome back Eternity, long time no see :bye:

I'm with you, I think :thumbsup: The thing I like about Lost is that there are so many different theories about everything and it keeps you on the edge of your seat.
07-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Black & white items?
I just think this black and white theme is to do with the good and bad sides of the survivors and their lives so far. Maybe I am looking too deep, but I do feel that many will have their demons or their hopes played out in one form or another. There is so much un-answered detail going on in the background purely to make people think and try to work things out.

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
07-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Black & white items?
I've mentioned before that I think each survivor has a demon/history to play out and overcome it.

Jack with his doctor role,
Kate with her criminal history,
Charlie with his drug history,
Locke who found he could walk on the island.
And tonights episode, Sun with her obvious history of trying to leave her hubby but couldn't do it, and her learning English prior to her attempted runaway. More to come from her I think.

I really think this island is going to bring out the bad things in their lives and help them get over them.

[Image: 429.gif]
08-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Black & white items?
I just assumed that it was a lump of jade and opal Huh I was wondering why / how jewel thieves ended up on the island, or whether they went to the island for the jewels and got stranded :glare:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
20-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Black & white items?
it made me think of The matrix - which pill are you going to take?
Could this mean they´re all in some twisted alien reality???

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Episode 5 - White Rabbits (E4 viewers only) Bella 26 2,812 04-09-2005 08:50 PM
Last Post: ils