Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackpool
10-12-2004, 08:22 AM
Blackpool

Anyone watching this?

It's into about the fourth week now and is really excellent original telly with a great cast. I particularly like the guy who plays the detective, Carlisle. :wub:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2004, 08:26 AM
Blackpool
maxine Wrote:Anyone watching this?

It's into about the fourth week now and is really excellent original telly with a great cast. I particularly like the guy who plays the detective, Carlisle. :wub:

Oh, Max me too, he is a bit of alright isn't he? I personally think it is the Scottish accent that does it!! :laugh:

I love this programme, the acting is just superb. I was really annoyed with the BEEB as 2 weeks in a row it was not shown on Scottish TV because of the football, they rescheduled it but I am now back up to date with it.

The singing bits are just brilliant. I rarely watch the BBC, but sometimes they just bring out little delights like Blackpool!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
10-12-2004, 02:12 PM
Blackpool
Well I had to watch this, hailing from Blackpool myself.

But I only watched the first one, not to sure about it, it was a bit strange.
17-12-2004, 08:34 PM
Blackpool
The last episode was just brilliant. Some of the one-liners were just excellent - like "Don't let the sun go down on me". I laughed my head off at that one! I think I may even be tempted to buy this DVD set. The BBC don't do many programmes I like, but sometimes they do show little gems like this. David Morrisey was just fab as Ripley. I don't know if it would be possible to do a 2nd series, but if they did I would certainly watch it!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
17-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Blackpool
Bella Wrote:The last episode was just brilliant. Some of the one-liners were just excellent - like "Don't let the sun go down on me".

I hvne't watched any of this, but I did happen to catch the wedding speech last night and thought it was hysterical too. I must make more effort to watch non-trashy tv programmes!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
18-12-2004, 09:06 AM
Blackpool
Bella Wrote:The last episode was just brilliant. Some of the one-liners were just excellent - like "Don't let the sun go down on me". I laughed my head off at that one! I think I may even be tempted to buy this DVD set. The BBC don't do many programmes I like, but sometimes they do show little gems like this. David Morrisey was just fab as Ripley. I don't know if it would be possible to do a 2nd series, but if they did I would certainly watch it!

It was brilliant, Bella. And in the end I actually felt quite sorry for Ripley.

I think I read somewhere that there won't be a second series. :sad: