Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blogs
18-08-2006, 05:43 AM
Blogs

Can someone please help a thicko like me out? I registar with the blog, I write something in it then it just disapears never to be seen again ! What am I doing wrong?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Blogs
I posted this in another thread. It might help...

Once you're logged in - click on your name. That should take you straight to the new post option. If not, you should see a link at the top that says "Manage". Click Manage and then click "New Post".

The top box is for the introductory text to your post/entry. The bottom box is the "more text" part of your entry/post. So, if you like the top box is the teaser to encourage people to click and read more. When they click to read more they get presented with the text you put in the second box.
There are some options down the left hand side. Of note is the Status dropdown. If you want your entry to go live ensure the status is set to "published".
Want people to be able to leave comments about your entry? Tick the box "enable comments".
When you're happy for it to go live click the button at the very bottom right that says "blog this".

There are LOADS of options for your blog. You can create categories to help organise your ramblings as well.

One thing I would suggest is everyone has a look at their Blog Settings. When logged in... at the top, click "Control Centre" then go to blog settings. Put a description in. Give your blog a cool name - rather than just your name.
Choose the template you want to use for your blog (how the pages look).
Hope this helps get people started.

Haydon

[Image: pot001.gif]jobs kent
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply