Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bloody moths...
25-07-2006, 11:52 PM
Bloody moths...

Can't even open a window at night without being bombarded with them. They should all be destroyed :mad:

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Bloody moths...
Squash them all I say, squash them all right now![Image: evil (20).gif] [Image: evil (7).gif]

[Image: 429.gif]
26-07-2006, 03:17 AM
Bloody moths...
I just open my window the slightest crack so they can't get in Peej...however this doesn't alwasy work!

My biggest bug bear is flies...I can't open my windows for two seconds without an annoying blue/green bottle buzzing in and whizzing around my front room as I am trying to watch TV or eat a meal...I have killed so many with the TV guide I am amazed there are any left in the world...they always come in one at a time and as soon as I've killed one another will pop in...so annoying...I hate flies and they should all die...die...die I tell you! :boxing:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
26-07-2006, 08:25 AM
Bloody moths...
Hmmmm im being bombarded with flies. We leave our backdoor open from 5:30 until we go to bed, so we get all kinds of creepy crawlies in our house.

I seem to be having a lot of spiders lately - which i detest. I had my bath the other night, and half an hour later i went into the bathroom for a wee only to discover a spider the size of a small country in the bath. Where had he been hiding whilst i was washing ????? He was so large you could even see his eyes.

I had to call the Big White Hunter (aka Mr.B) in to sort it out - and even he looked a little taken aback.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
26-07-2006, 10:16 AM
Bloody moths...
You think that's bad, my friend at work came home to find a stunned dragonfly with the body size of a fountain pen and a wingspan of about a foot, lying on her kitchen floor. At first she thought it was a rubber toy. She hunted around for her 15 year old son, who she thought was in the house, but realised she was on her own, except for the dog, who was more scared than her!

She eventually managed to pick it up with some tongs and put it in the garden. When she spoke to her son about it on the phone later, it turns out that he had been in the kitchen earler, when this thing came flying at him from the laundry pile. He was so shocked that he took a swing at it. He then felt so bad that he had hurt it, he put it under the tap to revive it, then put it in front of the fan to dry off! Anyway, it must have been sufficiently revived to make it onto the floor in time for Janet to get home. When she went home for lunch the following day, I told her to take some photos and this thing was huge and absolutely beautiful.

Anyway, her partner was down the end of the garden last night and he suddenly came hurtling in through the patio doors shouting "I didn't kill her! I didn't kill her!" Janet asked him what he was talking about and it seems that this creature must have had a mate, because an even bigger one was flying around the garage. Needless to say, Janet's partner was worse than useless and, with a swift nudge on the garage door and a hasty retreat, Janet managed to get it to fly off.

Wonder what happened to the kids? Huh
Find all posts by this user
26-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Bloody moths...
Is it just me or are moths getting bigger and bigger?

We had an absolutely ENORMOUS one a few days ago. As big as my fist.

I've never seen anyone move as fast!

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
26-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Bloody moths...
I knew I shoult'nt have read this thread.
All scared now....I have'nt seen anything as big as all that...Thank Christ...but knowing they are out there is freaky!
brrrrrrrrrrrrrr shudder...................

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
26-07-2006, 01:07 PM
Bloody moths...
PEOPLE...SCREENS, SCREEN DOORS, AND FFS...AIR CONDITIONING!!! I guess if I visit in the warm months I'm gonna look CRAZY checking my air conditioner at the counter!!

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
26-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Bloody moths...
msgirl Wrote:PEOPLE...SCREENS, SCREEN DOORS, AND FFS...AIR CONDITIONING!!! I guess if I visit in the warm months I'm gonna look CRAZY checking my air conditioner at the counter!!
Unfortunately due to our unpredictable summers, the majority of Brits dinnae have screen doors or air-con. But it's during weather like this I wish we had both. :cry:

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
26-07-2006, 02:31 PM
Bloody moths...
Oh you ARE funny MSGIRL....laff!
Air conditioning in my neck o' the woods is when you open the window!
And a heat wave is 18 degrees! or thereabouts.
:rain:

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'