Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bodies / Bodyworks
12-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Bodies / Bodyworks

This is back in town. Starting today at Earls Court.

It was controvertial last time but little or no coverage this time.

http://www.bodiestheexhibition.com/bodies.html

Theres a really good video on the site (warning..11.5mb so dial-ups save target as and save to hard drive)

I went to the Bodyworks show in Brick Lane some time back and may be going to this if the exhibits are new.

As one person said.

"You really don't appreciate how remarkable you are untill you've seen this exhibition"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Bodies / Bodyworks
I'd love to go and see something like that.
I do find it fascinating how our insides do work and how they look as well.
I remember being in theatre and saw the femoral artery and couldn't believe how big it was.

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Bodies / Bodyworks
Slipper Wrote:"You really don't appreciate how remarkable you are untill you've seen this exhibition"

No, really, I think I do! :wink2:

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
12-04-2006, 01:17 PM
Bodies / Bodyworks
Groucho Wrote:No, really, I think I do! :wink2:

Sorry Grouch I'd forgotten about you.

Say you should donate your over-inflated ego to be plastinated for all to see and wonder at!

On second thoughts save that. Perhaps when they cut you open to recover it they will find what you are truely full of.

:pooh:
12-04-2006, 02:07 PM
Bodies / Bodyworks
I would like to see this as well. Do you know if it's coming up to Scotland?

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
12-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Bodies / Bodyworks
Sort of related, but I was at a museum in London a couple of years ago, and there was a plastic body of a woman, left side showing the outside skin part, right side internal organs. There was a panel with lots of questions, the idea being that you pressed the button next to question, and the part of the body responsible lit up. One question was "what makes the beard grow?" So I'm looking at the plastic woman wondering what could possibly make a beard grow on a woman. So I press the button, and nothing happens. So I press it again, and again, and again, and again, and again, studying the plastic model for any indication of what might make the beard grow on a woman. Finally, a couple of kids start sniggering behind me, then I see a plastic man just out of sight behind a screen from my positioning, with his balls flickering on and off as I was repeatedly pressing the button.

Aghh, embarassment.
12-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Bodies / Bodyworks
gatubela Wrote:Sort of related, but I was at a museum in London a couple of years ago, and there was a plastic body of a woman, left side showing the outside skin part, right side internal organs. There was a panel with lots of questions, the idea being that you pressed the button next to question, and the part of the body responsible lit up. One question was "what makes the beard grow?" So I'm looking at the plastic woman wondering what could possibly make a beard grow on a woman. So I press the button, and nothing happens. So I press it again, and again, and again, and again, and again, studying the plastic model for any indication of what might make the beard grow on a woman. Finally, a couple of kids start sniggering behind me, then I see a plastic man just out of sight behind a screen from my positioning, with his balls flickering on and off as I was repeatedly pressing the button.

Aghh, embarassment.

[Image: 36_12_6.gif]

Love it Big Grin
12-04-2006, 05:46 PM
Bodies / Bodyworks
gatubela Wrote:Sort of related, but I was at a museum in London a couple of years ago, and there was a plastic body of a woman, left side showing the outside skin part, right side internal organs. There was a panel with lots of questions, the idea being that you pressed the button next to question, and the part of the body responsible lit up. One question was "what makes the beard grow?" So I'm looking at the plastic woman wondering what could possibly make a beard grow on a woman. So I press the button, and nothing happens. So I press it again, and again, and again, and again, and again, studying the plastic model for any indication of what might make the beard grow on a woman. Finally, a couple of kids start sniggering behind me, then I see a plastic man just out of sight behind a screen from my positioning, with his balls flickering on and off as I was repeatedly pressing the button.

Aghh, embarassment.
Brilliant! I've given you some good rep for giving me a right good laugh :laugh:

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
13-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Bodies / Bodyworks
In an attempt to keep somewhat on topic....

So Gatubela, have you seen the Bodyworks/Bodies exhibition on your travels?
13-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Bodies / Bodyworks
Eeek, no, never seen it Slip.