Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bombers and consequences
29-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Bombers and consequences

Liverpool Street Station was closed for a while this afternoon while police apprehended a couple of suspects.

When I went through the station a few hours later, the place was crawling with police and I saw three seperate groups of Asian (Sub-Continent) looking kids having their bags searched and being questioned.

Contrast that with last Thursday when I was at lunch when the most recent attempted attack took place. I got a call from the office telling me what was on the news. I told the person I was lunching with what was going on, we considered our situation and ordered another bottle of wine.

The question is, what community are the bombers trying to disrupt and do they have a hope in hell of achieving their aims with a public as apathetic as the British, or are they just daming anyone who looks like they might be a Muslim to a life of justifying their presence at any given place at any given time?

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Bombers and consequences
They strive to destroy any chance of peaceful co-existence, Groucho. Terrorists are the same the world over. The very last thing they want to see is people getting on together. Look at Northern Ireland and Israel. It's always the same - the worst violence always seems to occur when peace threatens to break out. So yes, I'd say causing social and cultural discomfort to the muslim population of GB is definitely on their agenda.
29-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Bombers and consequences
So, what do you suppose their end game is?

It's difficult to deal with an enemy who has no clear aims or demands.

30-07-2005, 08:56 AM
Bombers and consequences
I don't suppose they consider that a bad thing - they're not in the business of being easy to deal with. And that's the nature of this beast, isn't it? It has many heads and many hearts and, I suppose, almost as many aims.

End game? At one end of the psychopathic terrorist scale is the intention to establish Khilafah, the worldwide caliphate, an Islamic state to lead the world economically, militarily and politically. At the other end is the intention to make a momentary mark on history at a more local level, by vaporising a small group of people.

Whether or not the various people who live and die on different levels of this scale have anything more in common than hatred of us, we'll probably never know. I think the only things it's reasonable for us to assume they share is that hatred for us and our way of life, and a compulsion to destroy it utterly and ruthlessly.
01-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Bombers and consequences
I think they want to disable London and I think they may well do. If the police arrest 50 of them, there will be another 50 waiting in the wings. Britain really has only itself to blame (The Government more than the people) for opening up the floodgates and making it all so easy for immigration.
01-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Bombers and consequences
MariaRob Wrote:Britain really has only itself to blame (The Government more than the people) for opening up the floodgates and making it all so easy for immigration.

Much of this country's economic success is due to our imigration policies over the last 60 years.

Without the level of imigration we've had, the UKs workforce would be far too small to compete in the modern world.

01-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Bombers and consequences
Groucho Wrote:So, what do you suppose their end game is?

It's difficult to deal with an enemy who has no clear aims or demands.

I so want ot enter this discussin on even footing - mine is somewhat wobbly at the min. hic!

I will tomorrow or the next fay - keep it going won't you!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2005, 12:52 PM
Bombers and consequences
Look at Northern Ireland and Israel. It's always the same - the worst violence always seems to occur when peace threatens to break out.

I just want to say that's not really true of northern Ireland:That conflict stretches back hundreds of years.And the violence in the north stems out of actual reasons...not the desire to disrupt or keep the two groups seperate.
It grew out of opression and political aparatheid which was pracitced by the 'conquering/invading' government and it's agents.Nationalists had campaigned peacefully for generations to be included in 'the Protestent Government for the Protestant people' state'.It's when peaceful methods were opposed so forcefully that violence was seen as the only resort.
Frankensteins monster.It moderate nationalis aims had not been opposed so forcefully, then people would not have rushed to join the paramilitaries.
The IRA was a spent force in the 30's and 40's.It was the actions of the B.Specials..the RIR...and the RUC along with harsh penalties directed at ONE community only that led to all hell breaking loose.
I am not justifying it..I am explaining it.Self determination is a legitimate casue, but the methods used by terrorists are not.
The case in the north can't really be compared to other conflicts.It's not a religious conflict....
I just have to say that.....(dont' expel me from the board!)
02-08-2005, 01:07 PM
Bombers and consequences
I understand, Aondeag, and I'm sorry if my words offended you. I didn't mean to slag off the people of Northern Ireland (or anywhere else) in any way. I have Irish blood and know something of your history. But I was talking about the mentality and methodology of modern day terrorists, rather then the historical cause that led to their existence. Again, I apologise if I upset you.
02-08-2005, 01:18 PM
Bombers and consequences
Hi dab..honestly, i wasn't upset.I was just trying to explain.I am actually a fan of the way you raise topics and submit articles.
It's done very intelligently.
I was just trying to explain about the conflict in the six counties.
It's gone on far too long.
way past time it ended.
Undecided