Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bonsai & Co
18-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Bonsai & Co

Bons, I was just wondering how are all your animals faring nowadays? How are the dogs doing and are they getting along with the cats alright? Any wars yet? Big Grin

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2006, 04:06 PM
Bonsai & Co
Awwww bless.

My animals are fine and dandy thanks Tiggs. The dogs get on like a house on fire, and when you see one of them, the other is never far away. Its like they have always been a part of one anothers lives.

As for the puddy cats ... they are getting old, but they are still in relatively good nick. I think a couple of them are suffering a little with the cold and stiff joints (arent we all). One of them lost a tooth the other day too - which worried me. That cant be normal .... can it :blink:

Buny died a few months ago (did i tell you that ??). To be honest, she died because i was a cr"p mother !!! We rescued her from the mouth of a snake (ooooh that sounds dramatic) and took her home. She had her first jab for Myxsi (oh god, how do you spell that ???) and then we realised she was pregnant and had to stop treatment. So she had the babies, which we rehomed ..... and then forgot about the jabs !!! She ended up dying of Myxsi (sp) and i felt so blummin guilty. Still, at least she had another 2yrs of life with us, and i think she had a good life.

Billy 'no' mates is going strong. We havent hibernated him. He is currently in one of the outhouses with a very hot heater in there. Fingers crossed he is OK over the winter. I wanted to bring him in .... but Mr.B said no :bag:

So, thats us. They are all excited about their pressies - which are currently nestled around Santa in the lounge.

Thanks for asking .... and anyone have any shaggy dog, cat, horse stories ?

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
18-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Bonsai & Co
Aww that's nice Bons. I'm glad the doggies are getting along ok. I was wondering if they had hit it off. Was there any problems before the snip? :laugh: I'm sure cats lose their teeth just like the rest of us. Sorry to hear about Buny, I was not aware that she had died. That disease is just horrible, but don't be too hard on yourself. It happens.

So what did Santa bring them?

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
18-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Bonsai & Co
I have to say that Bailey was finding Bella a little TOOOOOO interesting before the snip. She was only a little pip squeak of a thing, and he would be wrestling her to the ground :shocking: But all is fine and dandy now ... and the fact that she has grown 4 foot helped !!!!

As for one of the cats loosing their teeth ... is that natural when they are elderly ? Oh i dont know, but it worried me. They eat dried biscuit which is low PH and from the vet as they have had health problems along the way .... and i worry that they wont be able to crunch it. Can cats suck :bag:

As for pressies .... well my parents have bought the cats a stocking with nibbles in, and a new scratching post. I bought them some treats too.

The dogs have a couple of new toys from me and Mr.B and mum told me she has bought them a stocking full of nibbles and some toys too.

So i think they will be well and truly spoilt this Christmas :w00t:

18-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Bonsai & Co
Laydeeez purlease, if this gets any more awwww cutie-sweet I'm going to vomit, I know I am, please tell me this is a joke, please, Tigger, you are taking the pi55, aren't you?

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
18-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Bonsai & Co
you ladyeez carry on. :laugh:

I'm just off to start a thread about animals and their part in the Christmas story - sf I expect a sensible contribution from you!
18-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Bonsai & Co
survivorfan Wrote:Laydeeez purlease, if this gets any more awwww cutie-sweet I'm going to vomit, I know I am, please tell me this is a joke, please, Tigger, you are taking the pi55, aren't you?

Sorry SF, I hate to disappoint you, but no urine is being extracted at this particular time.

19-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Bonsai & Co
But why do people read posts that they arent going to like ? I dont read a lot of threads / posts as the minute i enter them i know they arent my cuppa tea ..... but i dont complain about them.

19-12-2006, 09:27 AM
Bonsai & Co
Does it matter if Tortoises don't hibernate? I don't know a whole lot about them. And the only way that cats suck is that they produce dander which I am highly allergic to, otherwise I would have a cat as I love them. Maybe Bons, you may need to ask the vet about the tooth, give them a ring or something, just so you don't worry anymore.

19-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Bonsai & Co
tigger Wrote:Does it matter if Tortoises don't hibernate?.

No, it doesnt matter. The trouble with hibernating tortoises is that its such a tricky business. You have to starve them for months because .... if any food is left inside them they will rot from the inside out. Also, you need to make sure the temperature is right for them to sleep - and if you keep them outside in the shed (for example) there is a chance that in spring the only part left of the tortoise is its shell, as the rats have eaten everything else :mellow:

This would of been Billy's first hibernation as you have to wait till they are about 5 years old .... but we chose to keep him warm and to keep feeding him.

Fingers crossed that he will be OK in spring.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happy Birthday Bonsai! Tigereye 20 3,008 26-05-2008 11:09 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Another May Kitten. Yes. Bonsai. Northern angel 37 2,465 25-05-2007 06:59 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  Bonsai Fee For All 14 1,348 24-07-2006 07:11 AM
Last Post: Coastie