Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boris isn't as mad as some
09-12-2004, 12:44 PM

This is an article I was directed to on another forum.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main....ortal.html

Now....some people have their opinions on dear Boris (I'm NOT a great fan) but I can only agree with his labling of others in politics as ludicrous.....

Discuss!!!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2004, 01:36 PM
<Quote from Boris in the article>

**Really? I said, feeling trumped, and also wondering whether this would give me some new material with which to make my economic arguments; so I have gone and looked it up, and in the words of the Prince of Wales, it really is appalling. From January 1 you will not even be able to add a new lighting point IN YOUR OWN KITCHEN unless you are a member of the guild of qualified and competent electricians, called NICEIC/ECA/NAPIT, in which case you can issue a certificate to yourself, for presentation to the Building Control Body (BCB) showing that whatever you have done is in accord with the guidelines. **

Sheeeesh! Well, that's me breaking the law then - I am no idiot, and no way will I pay someone else to do this for me!

Actually, I admit to liking old Boris, he reminds me of an old boss I had..... bumbling, vague, useless, would screw anything up unaware he was doing so, but in a way lovable. I think he is a sad loss to politics, he was a one off and the type they need to get people to show more interest.

Yes, he has made some outrageous speeches, but I would always listen purely to see who he was gonna offend this time - it was a kind of game if you like! :laugh:

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
07-08-2005, 12:18 PM
I can't remember seeing this one first time around. But having spend an amusing 5 minutes reading the article Slipper links - it makes me wonder how Britian got to be Great, if rules and regulations like that are for real!!!

I have to admit to a secret liking for Boris too, I am sure his twin brother drinks in our local [he is called Hugo].

Why is this sort of ludicrous beaurocracy not used as a political lever by more politicians I wonder?? Maybe Boris is the only astute one among them?

[guess how I found this? In Dol's thread on how do you navigate the board Fee looks at what our guests are peering at - and hey presto!!]

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Good ol' Boris!

Did you know that if your gas cooker is not attched by a chain to the wall, it will be declared condemned ?

Happened to our next door neighbour, who is old and a bit ditzy now. I just told him to take the condemned sticky taoes off and be buggered.

M

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.
08-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Marmoset Wrote:Did you know that if your gas cooker is not attched by a chain to the wall, it will be declared condemned ?

That is barmy M - I wonder who would check??

Did you know it is actually a criminal offence to bake sweet mince pies!! Honest??

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

08-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Marmoset Wrote:Good ol' Boris!

Did you know that if your gas cooker is not attched by a chain to the wall, it will be declared condemned ?

Happened to our next door neighbour, who is old and a bit ditzy now. I just told him to take the condemned sticky taoes off and be buggered.

M
I sympathise, but.... wouldn't it have been cleverer just to help him get a chain fixed???

Mick Smile
No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts

For topical debate and vitriolic mudslinging DON'T visit: http://www.greatworlddebate.com cos it's a dead link.

INSTEAD visit http://greatworlddebate.net/gwdsmf/index.php

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mayor Boris Groucho 42 6,260 01-06-2008 12:05 PM
Last Post: Gneiss