Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boxes
10-07-2006, 03:51 AM
Boxes

Aren't boxes great... I may be a tiny bit drunk and rambling on, but aren't boxes the greatest thing man has ever created... take your ordinary cardboard boxes and think of the endless fun you can have with it! Take a cardboard box and you can use it for as many things as you like for as long as you like... but take a 300 pound games console and you'll get bored after a couple of days...

So I'm going to drink to boxes fat and thin and hope boxes live in our world at peace with mankind forever more!

There are three types of mathmatician:
Those who can count and those who can't!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2006, 03:58 AM
Boxes
My goodness Fly you must be pished...boxes suck!

They make a small item bulkier which means they take up more room in what storage space you may have available and what's more if they get a bit wet they fall apart just as you pick them up and spill the contents all over the floor!

Give me a plastic container anyday, which yes will make things bulkier but it's less likely to suffer the consequence of water damage, above a cardboard box!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
10-07-2006, 04:02 AM
Boxes
But consider your average object, with non-straight edges and awkward dimensions... put 6 of these in 6 carboard boxes and you can store them easily next to each other, on top of each other without them falling over.

Boxes are also great for keeping other boxes inside them... that means you get more boxes! That you can put more things in...

I find it strange how you prefer plastic containers... I'd not like to live in a boxless world...

10-07-2006, 04:04 AM
Boxes
Flyo...get your drunken self to thy bed!!:w00t:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
Find all posts by this user
10-07-2006, 04:05 AM
Boxes
A plastic container, at least a quality one, has a snap sealing lid...a cardboard box has a folded and tucked in bit of cardboard to keep your valuables safe inside...one little slip and the end of the box comes open and smash...that vase from granny is in bits all over the floor...they just aren't very secure...and they squish down when you stack them to high again causing damage to that which is inside...

Boxes are pants!

MissG...unless you have something valuable to contribute to the discussion on boxes I think it is you who should be off to bed or elsewhere!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
10-07-2006, 04:05 AM
Boxes
I wish my bed was a box...

10-07-2006, 04:07 AM
Boxes
I still beg to differ!

Instead of putting a priceless ming vase on granny's mantle piece, why not paint a little cardboard box in an array of colours and put it on display for all to see, and what more, you can keep things in it without worrying about damaging it... you'd feel a lot more free than if you spent all your tie worrying about a vase falling over, a box can be replaced so easily!

10-07-2006, 04:13 AM
Boxes
That's just it Fly...a box can be replaced easily...it needs to be because it is such a pathetic thing...it doesn't have the longevity of life that a plastic container has to offer...in light of this you may aswell pay out a bit extra for plastic as in the long run, by the time you have bought a zillion replacement boxes, it's more economical...

Also, even though it is plastic which does have some effect on the environment during production and disposal, a plastic container doesn't require vast areas of forest to be chopped down to produce leaving all those little furry woodland creatures homeless...:cry:

10-07-2006, 04:18 AM
Boxes
The wildlife can therefore live in little cardboard BOXES!

Like boxers, the dogs, they could live happily in boxes...!

Trees can be planted easily, the atmosphere can't be altered easily... once we destroy that by putting plastic fumes into the air it's destroyed forever... whereas we can plant new trees, and make new boxes of all sizes and shapes... house-shaped boxes for furry animals that don't have to breathe in toxic fumes!

10-07-2006, 04:18 AM
Boxes
well, there was this guy over here who was a little short on $$$$ so he used UPS boxes to create ALL of his furniture. He made the morning tv show curcuit and had his 15 mins. of fame. So now I have contributed to y'all's trivial little thread. Hmmmmmf!!:mad2:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
Find all posts by this user