Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian May Quit
19-11-2004, 09:16 AM
Brian May Quit

"TV bosses early today feared Brian Harvey would QUIT I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! after his beloved gran died."

She brought the singer up and he was very close to her.

Full story at The Sun here
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Brian May Quit
When I read the title I immediately thought of Brian May from Queen and wondered what he had quit from.

Having read the link properly - I know understand. And what a poor shame for Brian, poor thing. Big decision and an important one for his career - I wonder what he will do?
19-11-2004, 01:13 PM
Brian May Quit
LOL Fip, I've only just read it the way you did.

I wonder what he will do, I suppose its only him who can decide. I wouldn't think anything bad of him if he did quit or if he stayed.
19-11-2004, 01:21 PM
Brian May Quit
How terrible for him .....
19-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Brian May Quit
I heard this on the radio at lunchtime, apparently he still lives at his gran's house on and off. Goodness knows what he will decide.
19-11-2004, 03:59 PM
Brian May Quit
I saw Brian on, I think it was GMTV the other morning and I really warmed to him. I think it was because he was so honest and said the reason he was going in was because he was skint! He annoyed me in the past about his drugs etc, but again when you think about he was being honest in his statements! Yeah, maybe he shouldn't have said it, but how many other pop stars are out there taking drugs whilst maintaining a squeaky clean image? Not that I am applauding his taking off drugs, of course!

I can't imagine what he must be thinking of at the moment, as a death of a close family member is bad enough, but when you have to go and spend 2 weeks in the jungle with strangers that will be really tough.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
19-11-2004, 05:39 PM
Brian May Quit
I expect he will think long and hard about it all for a couple more days exposure in the papers and then decide that his gran would want him to go ahead and do it and she would also want him to release SOS in the Jungle ..... am I sounding cynical?

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
19-11-2004, 06:04 PM
Brian May Quit
Dolores Wrote:I expect he will think long and hard about it all for a couple more days exposure in the papers and then decide that his gran would want him to go ahead and do it and she would also want him to release SOS in the Jungle ..... am I sounding cynical?

Yes you are, but I am right there with you. :wave:
19-11-2004, 06:50 PM
Brian May Quit
"Brian's said to be devastated." "ITV have said he will sleep on it tonight if he decides to participate, he will join his fellow celebs a day later, which means he will still feature in the first show."

Radio 1
20-11-2004, 01:14 PM
Brian May Quit
Various sources and news items say that Brian's family have asked him to continue with the show, in memory of his grandmother.

He is meant to make his decision whether to continue or not later this afternoon.

Should he decide to quit he will be replaced by the standby, DJ Toby Anstis.

Who? :mellow:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Flies Get Better of Brian Haydon_acc2 23 4,542 27-05-2007 09:14 AM
Last Post: Rob
  Brian Harvey alicepearlpilot 27 4,211 21-05-2007 09:26 AM
Last Post: Isis
  Did Nat and Brian Deserve to be there at the end? MariaRob 18 2,385 08-12-2004 06:25 PM
Last Post: Pandora
  Werw you happy to see Brian go? alicepearlpilot 10 1,352 27-11-2004 06:00 PM
Last Post: Nox
  ****huge Spoiler*****re Brian Harvey Pandora 29 4,414 26-11-2004 11:23 PM
Last Post: Andrea
  Brian is in the jungle tpt 5 1,051 21-11-2004 08:36 AM
Last Post: Cat
  Brian Harvey has already... secrets 10 1,842 20-11-2004 10:50 AM
Last Post: Cat