Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring it on...not for the sensitive!
29-11-2006, 05:22 PM

Right...c'mon then...say what ya really think or simply raise a point of view and argue it to it's death whether you agree with it or not...lets see the return of good honest debating without the personal side effects...

I like to view debates from both sides of the fence before placing both feet firmly in one...however I have always enjoyed the challenge of arguing against my own oppinion or view of something...either that or taking my own views and stretching them beyond what I believe to the extremist form of them...

For example:

I would like to see the return of National Service for anyone who commits a criminal offence during their juvenile years...they turn 16 and they are in the services...no questions asked.

to stretch this thought further...

Military schools should be set up to send any trouble makers from whatever age they start to commit criminal offences.

So how do you think they short sort out the growing number of juveniles commiting criminal offences?

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2006, 05:31 PM
People (esp men) from Arab countries have a really abrupt manner which really gets my back up. They should be banned from being landlords/tenants.
Find all posts by this user
29-11-2006, 05:38 PM
I take it you have an Arabian landlord.

I have met a few arabs in my time and found them pleasant enough. I wonder, have you done anything to upset this particular landlord...knowingly or not?

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
29-11-2006, 05:40 PM
To be honest Coastie, the whole system needs a whole overhaul. You have judges sitting in their ivory towers who basically don't have a clue about what is going on in the real world dishing out unbelievable sentences! I can't remember the actual crime but there was a story a few weeks ago about one young guy who had something like 20 odd convinctions to his name and then he ended up by killing someone.............how do people like this slip through, do they just get a slap on the wrist, do they do community service, are they just constantly in & out jail?

Prison just doesn't work for some criminals, they are happy to do their time and then come out & re-offend. They should take a look at New York with their Zero Tolerance campaign, they need to come down harder on criminals and not hand out petty, pathetic sentences. Three strikes and you are out...........life in prison! I know this may not be very PC but I would happily bring back a good old-fashioned public flogging to some of these little neds who know exactly what their rights are!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
29-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Coastie Wrote:I take it you have an Arabian landlord.

I have met a few arabs in my time and found them pleasant enough. I wonder, have you done anything to upset this particular landlord...knowingly or not?

I haven't even spoken to him. But I've had to sit and listen to him for the last hour while he bangs on to someone else. Arrogant ******.
29-11-2006, 05:47 PM
The biggest problem with prison is that people become institutionalised...they get used to the routine of prison life...they have three meals a day and all the basic and some not so basic comforts a person needs without actually having to take any responsibility over any decisions over such things.

When they come out they have to face the real world and the responsibilities that go along with surviving in it...it all becomes too much and they hanker for the less complicated life of prison.

I feel that by getting the blighters when they are young (before they reach the three strikes) and sticking them in an environment where responsibility and self dissaplin (brain fart on spelling) and respect are so important, like the armed forces, they will learn skills for life which may in turn make them less likely to become career criminals and so enter the cycle of prison and institutionalisation.

29-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Patsy Wrote:I haven't even spoken to him. But I've had to sit and listen to him for the last hour while he bangs on to someone else. Arrogant ******.

Maybe if you got to know him a little better you would understand more about where he is coming from and realise his arrogance is a cover for his insecurities.:nerd:

29-11-2006, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2006 07:42 PM by Dolores.)
Coastie Wrote:So how do you think they short sort out the growing number of juveniles commiting criminal offences?

In some cases, I seriously condone taking the children away from parents who are, quite frankly crap at being parents. At work I come into contact with many young people on ABC (Acceptable Behaviour Contracts) - a junior type of ASBO. Often when reading through details it is the parents who should be on ABCs. I also think that Parental Contracts (PCs) should be compulsory in some cases. But what annoys and bothers me is that these things (ABC and PCs) aren't enforced in a meaningful way and sadly a high percentage of the children go on to get ASBOs and worse.

I also blame programmes like Neighbours (yuo may laugh but I'm deadly serious!) for young people believing that their opinions are more valid than adults - I say Neighburs cos for me the programme was a milestone in portraying young people who always seemed to know better than the adults.

And as for the recent reporting that young people commit violent knife crime and GBH for kudos amongst their peers - that I blame almost directly on young people playing violent 18 Playstation games etc. ad nauseum with no parental control (and I do mean ALOT and late at night with no outside influence controlling/monotiring them or giving it some perspective with real life).

Patsy's experience of gentlemen from the Arab nations I can take on board and say yes I've experienced that too and also in women from that part of the world - it's probably a cultural thing and we shouldn't take it personally!
29-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Coastie Wrote:Maybe if you got to know him a little better you would understand more about where he is coming from and realise his arrogance is a cover for his insecurities.:nerd:

**** off!

have I got the wrong idea here?
29-11-2006, 11:32 PM
I agree with the comments about National Service. I for one am fed up with being branded as a 'yob' just because of my age. I get annoyed when anybody suggests a return of national service for all.

I am not a criminal. I never have thoughts of being a criminal. I would not steal, mug, or knowingly physically assault anyone, so why should I be punished for the actions of my peers? I like to think I am trying to make a succesful life for myself, why should I be held back?

Whereas these imbeciles who hang about on street corners intimidating and hurting people seem to get away with everything. Make them take responsibility for a change!

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Bring Back The Monthly Theme Threads? Patsy 67 3,995 17-03-2006 09:02 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Bring it back! Coastie 26 1,956 27-01-2005 08:10 PM
  What didn't Santa bring you? claire 19 1,284 01-01-2005 01:25 PM