Poll: Have you broken a bone in your body, if so which?
Leg
Arm
Foot/Ankle
Wrist/Hand
Rib
Pelvis
Other - please state?
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broken Bones
13-06-2005, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2005 09:12 PM by Flip.)
Broken Bones

I ask this as I haven't - but I was in the shower this morning and found my elbow nearly mashed with the biggest blue bruise I have ever seen - I do know that I walked into the fridge yesterday whilst in a rush to empty the dishwasher before the beeper went off for the lamb hotpot to be ready.

** I was utterly sober BTW**

It did hurt but I didn't think I had done any serious damage - but today it is grotesque in colour!!

I have, touch wood, escaped life with little other than a dislocated little finger [blame a man's testicles for that one] - but no broken bones. I have sort of always wanted a plaster cast - but have never been so unlucky or lucky!!

Stories please!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2005, 09:08 PM
Broken Bones
How about, never broken a bone. Twisted things, but never broken.
Find all posts by this user
13-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Broken Bones
I've had a crushed little toe (right foot)...got on with life since I knew it was a waste of time going to hos[pital with it.

Think I broke a fingure once (brother dropped a loaded wheel barrow on it) but simply got on with life without getting it checked out.

Other than that numerous strains and sprains without treatment but have been to casualty twice with my right knee.

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
13-06-2005, 09:15 PM
Broken Bones
As yet I have never broken a bone and neither have any of my children!
13-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Broken Bones
Flip Wrote:I have, touch wood, escaped life with little other than a dislocated little finger [blame a man's testicles for that one] - !

Well if no-one else is going to ask....Flip explain yourself! :wacko:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
13-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Broken Bones
Coastie Wrote:Well if no-one else is going to ask....Flip explain yourself! :wacko:

Coastie I didn't expand cos I thought everyone was sick of my little finger dislocation story!! I will tell you - but the MJ verdict is on its way and BB is on too so can I have a raincheck on this?? [oooooooo so excited I have said an Americanism with verve for the first time in my life!!!!!!!!]

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

13-06-2005, 09:23 PM
Broken Bones
MJ verdict is in....in the words of Victor Meldrew...

I DON'T BELIEVE IT! :ranting:

13-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Broken Bones
I've never broken any bones.

Like you Flip, at school I always wanted too:wacko: Bit strange really wanting to give myself pain, but I think it was because of all the attention everyone got who had a cast on. I wanted a cast for everyone to sign:w00t:

[Image: 429.gif]
13-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Broken Bones
Leg, arm, foot and a few ribs, all at different times, usually when my bones came into contact with something hard.
13-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Broken Bones
I voted other on account that I thought I had never broken a bone, but then I remembered that my lovely husband knelt on my little toe about four months ago. I heard a crunch and then the pain! Ouch! But as Coastie said, it was not worth going to the hospital over.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I've broken my foot Figaro 58 5,934 02-06-2008 11:29 AM
Last Post: Figaro
  When was your heart last broken? tonee 42 2,440 15-02-2005 07:06 PM
Last Post: claire