Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrell - the new definition for Sycophancy
25-11-2004, 09:32 PM

Look in the dictionary for Sycophancy and it says "Paul Burrell".

Paul Burrell has turned out to be an odious toady of a man. I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt but from day one he has been irritating me and I have tried so hard to be charitable about him .... but no more! The gloves are off!

He has given brown nosers a bad name. I would imagine that even Queen Liz is squirming with embarrassment over some of his more sychphantic comments. (and I'm sure she watches the show for Dec's impressions!).

"I think 39% of the public would say the queen is lovable. I know her she is lovable" what a pile of crock!

I obviously don't know the queen but I reckon even she would have thought 9% was closer to the mark than 39%!!!

Burrell is vomit inducing and not only brings a new definition for the word "sycophancy" but also a new spelling "sick-oh-fancy" :sick:

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2004, 09:35 PM
Lol, I totally agree Dolly, and not only that, he has developed a kind of insincere doe eyed dopey look to go with it (wonder who he learned that from????? :wink2: )
25-11-2004, 09:36 PM
His constant chatter and praise of the Royalty is getting a little wearing, to be sure!

But, I guess he hasn't got anything else to talk about. The Royal family have been his life since he left school, so I guess he must feel some dedication to them. Which is a bit weird really, seeing as they mostly all hate him now and shun him from their circle.

I feel a bit sorry for him. He seems like a fish out of water.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
25-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Voice of reason Wrote:Lol, I totally agree Dolly, and not only that, he has developed a kind of insincere doe eyed dopey look to go with it (wonder who he learned that from????? :wink2: )

LMAO!!! spot on! I bet Liz will have her finger on last number re-dial on day one of being able to vote off! .... or her new butler's finger on the re-dial button!! before he reveals any more "startling" Sleepy secrets about what her and Phil do with the Crown Jewels! :wink2:

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
25-11-2004, 09:40 PM
My views on him haven't changed, didn't like him before, don't like him now!
25-11-2004, 09:46 PM
ilovesurvivor Wrote:My views on him haven't changed, didn't like him before, don't like him now!
Don't you sometimes feel you should bend a bit and give people the opportunity to prove you wrong ... or right?

I didn't know anything about him except that he stole some stuff from Princess Diana (or should I say US as it's all from tax payers money) and that he wrote a book. i wouldn't go within a mile of a book about the royal family so I don't have a clue what was in it ... although i do now know that the Queen wears the tiara while watching pop idol!

25-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Why does everyone keep using this word? I don't know what it means... :ninja:

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
25-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Peej Wrote:Why does everyone keep using this word? I don't know what it means... :ninja:
I find it to beleive that you a dentist don't know what sychophancy means! Or are you referring to another word?!

25-11-2004, 10:03 PM
No I meant sycophant - I genuinly didn't know what it meant.
However Ive looked it up and can now say that I agree!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
25-11-2004, 10:04 PM
Peej Wrote:No I meant sycophant - I genuinly didn't know what it meant.
However Ive looked it up and can now say that I agree!

Also means "total suck up"!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Paul Burrell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mafia_princess05 104 11,977 21-02-2005 11:32 AM
Last Post: kimmy
  Burrell's Trial Scooby 16 2,823 07-12-2004 12:02 PM
Last Post: Bonsai
  Paul Burrell Flip 32 4,763 23-11-2004 01:50 PM
Last Post: christine