Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bush Tucker Trials - random choice or not.
22-11-2004, 11:30 PM

NOT - me thinks !! Watching the show tonight brought back memories from last year and the whole issue of who gets the most votes from the public to do the Bush Tucker Trial. There is no question in my mind after the first couple of shows..that the editing of the nightly programme leans extremely heavily towards influencing the public on who to vote for, and it was exactly the same thing last year. I knew as soon as Ant and Dec entered the camp this evening it was going to be between Janet and Paul... the editing of the show left no other result possible. Last night's editing of Natalie sealed her fate as well. Its going to be fun to sit back and watch these nightly shows... and see is it going to be as transparently obvious who the top two choices are each evening. I think without doubt it will be.

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who THINKS he can.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2004, 11:38 PM
What I noticed last series was that apart from those who were booted out early on, I think everybody had to do at least one BTT. I thought the editing swung along quite nicely moving from one victim and villain to another.

You're right of course BB. The 'highlight' of yesterdays show was Natallie's overreaction to everything. The next step was to home in on Paul and his natural antagonist Janet. I think the producers are hoping for something a lot sparkier than we've seen tonight, but made do with a reasonably polite difference of opinion to get us fired up and voting for Paul and Janet. I wonder who tomorrow's lucky couple will be?
23-11-2004, 10:29 PM
Have to agree, it was obvious Brian would get this one as soon as they started showing footage of him moaning about the food. I think this has happened more since IAC 2 when Fash got a run of BTT's. Either way, it's becoming more obvious.
23-11-2004, 10:35 PM
I was watching more tonight for this and who were the main two edited in the most, Brian and Paul, so it does seem to be getting a bit more obvious.
23-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Tonight, it was blatant manipulation of the viewing public.

Haydon

[Image: pot001.gif]jobs kent
23-11-2004, 10:56 PM
Well .... surprise surprise....Brian is doing the PIE trial.... if ever a theory was proven correct, then tonight was it. The entire surprise element is gone now... it looks like we will see it coming with bells on who is doing the nightly challenge. Oh well.

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who THINKS he can.
24-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Haydon Wrote:Tonight, it was blatant manipulation of the viewing public.
I agree. The psychological manipulation isnt even subtle anymore is it?

Natalie is shown being phobic of her own shadow and says she hates heights - she gets the first bush tucker trial involving heights.

Janet is seen to be spitting venom & striking out like a puff adder - she gets the snake trial

Brian is seen to be whingeing about food - he gets the food trial.....
Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
24-11-2004, 07:25 AM
Let's hope no-one complains about the toilets... :blink:
24-11-2004, 07:50 AM
What about the other year tho when Fash was picked for most of them?
24-11-2004, 07:58 AM
Cat Wrote:What about the other year tho when Fash was picked for most of them?

..........maybe just a fluke Cat, but this year is as Haydon quite rightly points out it was blatant manipulation of the viewing public!

I just knew it was going to be between Paul and Brian tonight with Brian getting the BTT! It was so obvious. I just wonder who they will pick on tonight for selective editing................ :glare:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Bush Tucker Trials - Would you or wouldn't you? Nox 21 2,674 06-12-2004 11:31 PM
Last Post: Critique
  They think public LOVE Appleton????-Trials Big_Sister2004 19 2,555 28-11-2004 10:27 PM
Last Post: jgee73