Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CD rewriters
30-06-2005, 09:13 AM
CD rewriters

My son, last night, tried to kill my laptop, by plugging in the electricity plug into the USB port. So what ended up was some smoke and a wonderful electrical smell. I tried to start my laptop up after and it wouldn't start, but Mr tiggs, in his wisdom, pushed the restart thingy underneath and all is well, apart from a burnt up USB port.

Anyway this upset me so much as I have loads of documents and piccies on my laptop that I would hate to lose. It doesn't have a floppy drive so I can't back it up on disc. It does have a cd rewriter, but apparently there should be a cd rewriter programme (thanks ILS :thumbsup: ) which is not there. So does anyone know where I could find it on my computer? I've tried searching but to no avail. Might I have to buy a programme? Or is there a download for one?

Thanks guys! Smile

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2005, 11:27 AM
CD rewriters
This one is supposedto be OK, but I haven't used it myself

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
30-06-2005, 01:57 PM
CD rewriters
If you've got Windows XP on your laptop you shouldn't need a CD writing program because XP has built in CD writing capabilty.
Windows 2000 is another matter and you would a CDRW program for that.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -– Mario Andretti. :yahoo:
30-06-2005, 04:45 PM
CD rewriters
Yes it is XP, but sadly no rewriting programme.

Thanks Fee, I will take a look. Smile

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
01-07-2005, 09:21 AM
CD rewriters
Hi Tigger

You shouldn't need a CD rewrite program with XP, you can do it using windows explorer.
When I put a blank rewritable CD into my the CD drive a dialogue box pops up.
Also when I click on 'My Computer' it lists the CD drive as a CD-RW drive.

Good Luck

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -– Mario Andretti. :yahoo: