Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camcorders
26-07-2005, 09:07 AM
Camcorders

We are finally going to buy one! :w00t: But we are trying to decide whether to buy one before our trip or buy one over in the US as they are cheaper.

Problem being, over here you can buy them dual format, so that they are both PAL and NTSC. My question is, can you also buy them dual format over in the US? (I wondered if you might know the answer to this SF?) Because there is really no point in buying one for us that is not dual.

On a side note, I cannot believe how much cheaper they are in the US. :glare:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Camcorders
Tiggs, I'll be talking to friends in the States this evening. If you haven't found the answer by then I'll ask them to find out for you. :thumbsup:
26-07-2005, 09:27 AM
Camcorders
Thanks Dab! :thumbsup:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
26-07-2005, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2005 09:54 AM by survivorfan.)
Camcorders
tigger767 Wrote:Problem being, over here you can buy them dual format, so that they are both PAL and NTSC. My question is, can you also buy them dual format over in the US?

Tiggs, I don't know the answer to that, you'd have to check with a supplier or wait for Dab. Given that they are the same cameras that you can buy here I would guess that you can get them dual format. One thing to bear in mind is that the plug/power supply for running the camcorder off the mains and charging its battery will be a US type which runs off 110v not our 240v. You would have to buy a UK/US converter (over here) to plug it into which'll cost about £15 - either that or see if you can buy a separate UK charger for the camera.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
26-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Camcorders
I give you permission to kill me if I ever buy a camcorder......

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
26-07-2005, 10:17 AM
Camcorders
karenh Wrote:I give you permission to kill me if I ever buy a camcorder......

Lol - why is that then :ohmy: Whats wrong with camcorders ?

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
26-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Camcorders
karenh Wrote:I give you permission to kill me if I ever buy a camcorder......

Why Karen? We still watch all the old footage of when the kids were tiny. Endless fun and embarrassment for all.
26-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Camcorders
Well, I might feel differently if I had kids, but I've never got "camcorder people". Whats wrong with a photo?

Too much hassle. Half the time when you're recording you're missing out on the good times yourself.

Just not my bag. I don't like to sit on the sidelines filming everyone else having a superb time. I like to be the one enjoying myself!

26-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Camcorders
I think it probably is a kids thing Karen. For me, anyway. Photos are great, but with a camcorder you can remember how they used to speak and the things they used to say. Ours is really old now and we hardly ever use it, but I'm really glad we had one.

As I was the one doing all the filming, I'm hardly on anything we've recorded. That's fine by me.

Now, childless Mr and Mrs Sad from Texas who visit Disneyland with their matching outfits and camcorders, THAT I don't get!
26-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Camcorders
Patsy Wrote:Now, childless Mr and Mrs Sad from Texas who visit Disneyland with their matching outfits and camcorders, THAT I don't get!

Yup - that's the kind that bother me. And as I don't have kids if I got a camcorder, it is a serious indication that I am turning into Mrs Saddo from Sadland. Which is why I'd prefer death....