Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you swim?
01-04-2005, 05:46 PM
Can you swim?

Well can you swim? Our local paper is raising awareness of being able to swim. I'm always surprised at the amount of adults who can't swim. It could save your skin!

So if you can't swim what's the reason? are you scared of water? never been taught? never wanted to learn?

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Can you swim?
I can swim, but I float better.
Find all posts by this user
01-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Can you swim?
Patsy Wrote:I can swim, but I float better.

:laugh: as long as you don't float like a brick!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
01-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Can you swim?
I can swim, but I havn't been swimming for ages, in fact I'm tempted to go swimming now!

There are three types of mathmatician:
Those who can count and those who can't!
01-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Can you swim?
I can 'get about' in the water...I can swim..but not very elegently I have to say, I was a late learner thanks to my mothers fear of the water and so never mastered the art of a graceful stroke (and you have to have a graceful stroke)

For this very reason ALL my boys take weekly lessons and it costs me a bloody fortune.....
01-04-2005, 05:54 PM
Can you swim?
I can just about swim but I am not a good swimmer. And because of that, like Buzz I spent a fortune making sure my children could swim properly..
01-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Can you swim?
I'm not graceful either Buzz and do something half way between breast stroke and a crawl, a sort of brawl with my arms doing the breast stroke and my legs doing the crawl.

I imagine it is harder to learn as an adult, but with so many 'mature' swimming classes, there's plenty of opportunity to learn and you never know when it might save yours of someone else's life!
01-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Can you swim?
I can't vote unless you define "swim" - lol. I can just about get from one side of the pool to the other before I run out of puff. Does that count?
01-04-2005, 06:08 PM
Can you swim?
Dolores Wrote::laugh: as long as you don't float like a brick!

What are you trying to say? Do I look fat to you?
01-04-2005, 06:14 PM
Can you swim?
I love swimming. I used to go every day, but now I only manage about three times a week. I get a real buzz out of it. I know quite a lot of people who can't swim. it's never too late though, it's one of them sports that if you are taught properly and are fit you couldn't tell the difference after a few months.
I just wish my local pool had diving boards. I used to love diving.
I think every child should have the oppertunity to learn to swim at school. Thats where I learnt, my parent's would never of have the time to take us swimming let alone afford lessons!

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fancy a swim ladies? Coastie 14 2,406 13-03-2006 08:14 PM
Last Post: Coastie