Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celeb Love Island - Wed 1/5/05
01-06-2005, 10:23 PM

Half an hours worth again tonight, but they got a fair bit crammed in.

The programme opened on the jetty with Patrick talking to camera. In the background we could see a figure, running full pelt toward Patrick and Kelly (they had their back to the person). Suddenly as she got closer to the camera, we could see it was Jayne Middlemiss, who had "escaped"! She interupted proceedings, waved to the camera, grinned, shouted a bit and then was sent packing by a laughing Kielty and Brook, who were shouting "Security!!!!"

Then onto the action. We started with Abi making a cup of tea, spilling boiling water on her leg and having to go to the medical centre because of the nasty burn.
Typical Titmuss, she then turned the incident into a hollywood epic. She returned with her leg bandaged and had been told that she needed to sleep outside, in her bed, in the fresh air. So, of course, she decided she needed to sleep outside WITH someone, saying she needed someone to cuddle because she was upset and to hold her......... Lee. Rolleyes

He duly obliged and next day the Titmuss was lying in her bed, propped up on pillows as if she had broken her pelvis rather than burned her leg.

She said at one point, "thanks for not taking advantage of me last night Sharpey, I know it was probably difficult...." Another attempt at "Abi" humour - trouble is, it just doesnt come off and Im afraid you get the feeling that she isnt joking at all, she really does mean it.....

Then the action moved onto Paul and Isabella. Boy oh boy !!! Isabella apparently had been trying to get through to him all day that they were mates. Nothing more. She didnt want anything to happen on the island. She retired, looking tired and unhappy, to the bedroom to sleep early.

As she lay in her eye mask, dozing off, Paul came into the bedroom, got on the bed and kissed her goodnight.

Aw, you might think. Of course, a sensitive goodnight kiss and a swift exit was NOT on Paul's agenda at all. He whined, "why dont you kiss me back" Isabella made a muffled reply which basically said, "You know why, Ive been explaining all day. Im a very very private person. You know what Ive said...."

"Okay" replies Paul, "I realise that I have to wait till we get off the island then...."

Ooooh we all think - he is finally being a bit sensitive, but nope, within two seconds of saying that, he has to spoil it and said, "I just feel like you've made a f**king tw*t out me.... I feel such a pr!ck.... " and so it went on, all while poor Isabella was trying to sleep, all out of earshot of people that could have protected her, shut him up or spoken up on her behalf. He was really bullying her.

Next morning, while they were fixing breakfast, she again told him she just wanted to be friends, that his behaviour was obnoxious and out of order, and all he did was throw her accusations back in her face, deny that he said things that we had just SEEN him say, and generally behave like a complete pr!ck again.

Later we see them lying side by side on the sunbed and he started on her again!! His body language was incredible. She was lying on the sunbed trying to defend herself while he started getting incredibly aggressive again, pointing his finger at her, sitting up on one side, leaning over her threateningly , raising his voice and accusing her of bitching about him to her "mates" - all said in the most sneering, nasty, aggressive tone he could muster........ it all ended with Isabella running into the loo and absolutely sobbing her heart out.
Her sobs were incredibly loud and it was quite distressing to hear someone so upset, and she was quickly surrounded by the girls - one of whom (Rebecca possibly) said that Paul was a drama queen. Paul, was listening at the door and tried to bully his way in, shouting, "dont call me a drama queen..." and getting all aggressive again but was seen off by Rebecca. Jayne Middlemiss gave Isabella a stern little pep talk (basically saying "you have a right to say NO".... and Bella dried her tears.

We then had petulant whining from Paul to the camera, complaining "the girls are with Isabella and the boys are acting like it dont matter - not supporting meeeeeeee....." God, I so wanted to punch his fat, petulant mouth at that point.

Finally Du'aine said something that was (1) vaguely interesting for once and (2) something we could identify with....... He said to Lee, "This is ridiculous. Paul is going too far now, he is upsetting people yet again, out of control, his outbursts are too much, sometimes I feel like giving him such a slap, mate"

Cue the only person (Lee) that Paul seems to listen to, going into the bedroom to speak to him on his own, holding him by the shoulders so he couldnt walk off and explaining that his behaviour wasnt appropriate and that he needed to apologise to the group.

Paul finally came out and apologised for his bad behaviour to the whole group (again, havent we been here before?). Trouble is he said, "sorry about my behaviour recently folks, Ive been having a lot of sh!t going on at home....."
So although he apologised (and remember, he had to be prompted), he immediately blamed it on "circumstances", which IMO is rubbish. He is an aggressive, immature, totally unpleasant git who thinks his behaviour is perfectly justified and feels its ok to bully women. Otherwise he wouldnt just keep doing it again and again.

Lastly we saw Liz and Fran in the Love Shack.

They went out for a "Magical Day Out" which consisted of trekking up a very large hill/mountain. Fran, eager to see what was waiting for them up at the top - and really hoping it would be hang gliding or abseiling - was visibly unimpressed when it turned out to be a picnic.
When I say visibly unimpressed - I MEAN visibly unimpressed lol. Liz on the other hand was overwhelmed by the fantastic views of the island and let out a huge scream at one point.....

Later we saw them having a damn good laugh at the Love Shack and then Liz was called to the camera room and told that the public had voted for Du'aine to take over from Fran for 24 hrs. Liz looked distinctly underwhelmed.

Not sure if Ive missed anything out; feel free to fill in the gaps if I have.:thumbsup:

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2005, 06:08 AM
OH PANDY PANTS! That was suberb...do you know I watched this last night but I don't feel as if my viewing's complete untill I have read your synopsis.

There was a good bit when Duane had just expressed his concerns to Lee re Paul and then walked by Paul who was cleaning his teeth and gave him a friendly slap on the bum and said "don't go upsetting anyone tonight mate"...Paul swung round - gob full of toothpaste and looked totally non plussed "ME!...what about people upsetting ME!!" he frothed.

He really is a nasty, unpleasant character who has no inner judgement of others feelings and of his own annoyingness.

What was going on with Fran and Liz then....they were distinctly out of sorts on the mountain, but were really pally that night - was this just 'getting aquainted again' as Liz put it..or something more.......

Didn't see hardly anything of the Greco last night did we?
02-06-2005, 08:42 AM
I must say, and not in Paul's defence I may add, that Isabella is also to blame. Any woman worth her salt would have told Paul to go and do one and would never have got to the stage we reached last night. She is a simpering meek little sop and unfortunately is a posh femaile version of him.

She could easlily kill this "relationship" dead but yet she has breathed a trickle of life into it on regular occassions.

If you have no interests bar spending money and going out then you can get obssessive about relationships. She needs to get perspective and begin to see that there are other things in life than her own emotions.

Oh and Abi and her leg was fairly bad and marks off Lee for his behavoir too - :ranting:

What others think and say about you is none of your business. :ohmy:
02-06-2005, 10:56 AM
isleofweather Wrote:I must say, and not in Paul's defence I may add, that Isabella is also to blame. Any woman worth her salt would have told Paul to go and do one and would never have got to the stage we reached last night. She is a simpering meek little sop and unfortunately is a posh femaile version of him.

She could easlily kill this "relationship" dead but yet she has breathed a trickle of life into it on regular occassions.

If you have no interests bar spending money and going out then you can get obssessive about relationships. She needs to get perspective and begin to see that there are other things in life than her own emotions.

Oh and Abi and her leg was fairly bad and marks off Lee for his behavoir too - :ranting:

But Isabella was saying to him last night that she DOES like him, she IS interested, but doesnt want to kiss or cuddle or play any sort of relationship out on national television. He actually accepted this at first by saying, "ok I understand, Ill have to wait until we get off the island." THEN he launched into a major aggressive tirade - purely and simply IMO because he wasnt getting his own way - ie. being able to snog, feel her up as he has been doing with Abi.

Yes I agree Isabella is wet for not being able to get it through to the thicko that this is what she wants, but to be honest, if dynamite were brains neither of them would have enough to blow their hats off, would they?

02-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Cat Wrote:OH PANDY PANTS! That was suberb...do you know I watched this last night but I don't feel as if my viewing's complete untill I have read your synopsis.

There was a good bit when Duane had just expressed his concerns to Lee re Paul and then walked by Paul who was cleaning his teeth and gave him a friendly slap on the bum and said "don't go upsetting anyone tonight mate"...Paul swung round - gob full of toothpaste and looked totally non plussed "ME!...what about people upsetting ME!!" he frothed.

He really is a nasty, unpleasant character who has no inner judgement of others feelings and of his own annoyingness.

What was going on with Fran and Liz then....they were distinctly out of sorts on the mountain, but were really pally that night - was this just 'getting aquainted again' as Liz put it..or something more.......

Didn't see hardly anything of the Greco last night did we?

Lol, cheers Catster....

And no, we hardly saw The Greco. I actually felt sorry for him during the Surfer Dude day out with the slapper and now he seems to have just faded into the background.
Im hoping Liz cops off with him...

Anyone notice that Fran is the only one Abi hasnt flirted with and in fact seems to studiously avoid?

02-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Pandora Wrote:Anyone notice that Fran is the only one Abi hasnt flirted with and in fact seems to studiously avoid?

Yea i noticed that, he seems to think she is a total dirt bird when they were out of the resort and he was like cover up abi in a real condesending way and then they had the whole promiscious thing... i think he kind of looks down and her and she knows it and thats why avoids him.

Abi is a sad media whore but erm wasn't fran going out with jodie marsh??? who's he to judge!

Totally disgusted by Paul last night - he is really really intimidating.

I felt really sorry for isabella - i can kind of see why she didnt tell him to f*ck off - if it was the real world and she was in a club with her mates she would prob tell him to f*ck off but seeing as there in an enclosed environment she thought by politely telling him she wasnt interested he would get the message (but hey we're talking about paul i.q. of minus 100000 here)

I thought Lee and Dwaine were great the way they handled him and jayne was really good with isabella.

I missed the first so didn't see abi's injury - v disappointed that lee slept outside with her - if he hooks up with her - he will lose all credibility for me!

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>&quot;Work is the curse of the drinking classes&quot;</span></span>
02-06-2005, 05:59 PM
THANK YOU!!!!
I set the DVD to record this last night, but I forgot to turn it off to activate the timer so I missed it.

Thanks for the great update!

Paul is a nasty piece of work isn't he - very much like the character he played in Hollyoaks, but with no redeeming features
Find all posts by this user
02-06-2005, 06:25 PM
Minklemar Wrote:THANK YOU!!!!
I set the DVD to record this last night, but I forgot to turn it off to activate the timer so I missed it.

Thanks for the great update!

Paul is a nasty piece of work isn't he - very much like the character he played in Hollyoaks, but with no redeeming features

My pleasure Minks xx

DONT forget to watch it tonight - its gonna be a humdinger !!!!!! :thumbsup:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Celebrity Love Island Aondeag 2 2,835 02-02-2006 09:06 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  Celeb Love Island - Saturday, 11th June 05 Pandora 7 1,973 15-06-2005 09:33 AM
Last Post: Pandora
  Give some love to The Sharpster isleofweather 7 1,628 13-06-2005 10:50 AM
Last Post: Aondeag
  Celeb Love Island - 07/06/05 Pandora 19 3,315 10-06-2005 02:29 PM
  Celeb Love Island - Saturday 04/06/05 Pandora 7 1,941 07-06-2005 06:39 AM
  Celeb Love Island - Fri 03/06/005 (contains a big spoiler for tomorrow or day after) Pandora 2 1,274 04-06-2005 03:03 PM
Last Post: isleofweather
  Celeb Love Island -Thursday 2/6/05 Pandora 9 2,174 03-06-2005 01:28 PM
Last Post: Minklemar
  Celeb Love Island - A fix ????? Pandora 8 2,002 01-06-2005 04:40 PM
  Celebrity Love Island Ceridwen 102 9,644 01-06-2005 04:34 PM
Last Post: Ghost
  Celeb Love Island - Tues 31/05/05 Pandora 9 2,051 01-06-2005 04:33 PM