Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celebrity Come Dine With Me
14-09-2005, 03:04 PM

Remember the "ordinary" folks one that some of us got hooked on? I've just clicked onto channel 4 (4 pm) and they're doing a Celebrity one.

Today is Ulrika Johnson

(missed somebody called Ben ? and Micha Paris)

Still to cook is Helen Lederer and didn't catch the last one.

Off to watch - will know more after Smile
Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Right, here's the blurb. The prize money is for Charity.

Quote:Enjoy a second helping of Channel 4's culinary extravaganza!

The brand new series begins with a celebrity special week featuring presenter Ulrika Jonsson, soul diva Mica Paris, fashion designer Ben de Lisi, comedian Helen Lederer and comedy writer David Quantick - each hosting a dinner party for the other four.

Not a great mix of "celebs" and seems to lack sparkle but I'm hoping that it heralds the return of the proper series :laugh:
14-09-2005, 03:43 PM
They are definately filming a new series of the ordinary 'Come Dine with Me'. I think i read about it in the TV Guide a few months ago, so hopefully it will be back on our screens soon.

I hope they make the time a little later as well. Im never home to watch it, and i know when i had time off at the beginning of the year i was an addict ... along with many others here. Ideally i would like it to be on around 8pm.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-09-2005, 03:48 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks for letting us know Critique! I caught the end of it, looks like Ulrika done a good job. Would have liked to have seen Mica's, it must have be something quite special as she got 36 points!

I was going to give you rep for this but I need to spread myself! :wink_kiss

Who are the two guys though!?

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
14-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Bonsai Wrote:They are definately filming a new series of the ordinary 'Come Dine with Me'. I think i read about it in the TV Guide a few months ago, so hopefully it will be back on our screens soon.

I hope they make the time a little later as well. Im never home to watch it, and i know when i had time off at the beginning of the year i was an addict ... along with many others here. Ideally i would like it to be on around 8pm.

Oooh Goody, thanks Bonnie.

I certainly think this program is better than a lot of the dross they put on in the evening. I seem to remember that last time they repeated it early in the morning.
14-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Oooo I missed Ulrika's, and I am gonna miss tomorrows too - but I did catch Mica's and yes she did pull out all the stops on the food front. Also she was a gracious hostess - with a dead interesting house. You know me and food and for the life of me I cannot remember her menu other than her starter was something fabulously unusual and salt cod, mains I have no idea and pud was Lemon sorbet [which one of the boys declared he disliked - but adored Mica's - as it was sooooo nice!!]

I cannot wait for the next series - maybe we could do a cyber version here??

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

15-09-2005, 10:43 PM
Bella Wrote::thumbsup: Thanks for letting us know Critique! I caught the end of it, looks like Ulrika done a good job. Would have liked to have seen Mica's, it must have be something quite special as she got 36 points!

I was going to give you rep for this but I need to spread myself! :wink_kiss

Who are the two guys though!?

Thanks for the thought Bella Smile

The boys are a Fashion Designer, Ben De Lisi and a comedy writer David Quantick (?)

Did anyone see tonight's. Helen Lederer. The mess in her kitchen :ohmy: Even with her reluctant daughter looking bemused and the hired help she still didn't seem to be in control.

She looks like she's had the Lesley Ash treatment too - Donald Duck top lip Smile

Can't remember what the menu was but the recipes are on channel4.com apparently. I think Mica is still in the lead.
16-09-2005, 06:52 AM
Critique Wrote:Thanks for the thought Bella Smile

The boys are a Fashion Designer, Ben De Lisi and a comedy writer David Quantick (?)

Did anyone see tonight's. Helen Lederer. The mess in her kitchen :ohmy: Even with her reluctant daughter looking bemused and the hired help she still didn't seem to be in control.

She looks like she's had the Lesley Ash treatment too - Donald Duck top lip Smile

Can't remember what the menu was but the recipes are on channel4.com apparently. I think Mica is still in the lead.

GOd, I sometimes think my kitchen is bad when I am cooking but it is almost perfection compared to Helen Lederer's - and Critique, I thought the same as you there has definitely been a bit of botox or collegen gone on in her face!

Thanks for filling me in on the guys! :thumbsup:

11-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Is anyone still watching this? Oooh, I wanted to slap that mutton dressed as lamb woman today!! What an ungrateful so & so, giving Paul a 1! The guy went to a lot of effort, even trying to catch his own fish. He smoked the fish, made what looked like a gorgeous pate, the sirloin looked delicious and his barbequed bananas looked fab too! What is with people who just because people try to make an effort, that they have to mark them down for that! I hope she gets really low marks and comes last! She is nothing but a trollop!!

Tell you what if I was young, free and single Paul would make a perfect husband!

11-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Bella Wrote:Is anyone still watching this? Oooh, I wanted to slap that mutton dressed as lamb woman today!! What an ungrateful so & so, giving Paul a 1! The guy went to a lot of effort, even trying to catch his own fish. He smoked the fish, made what looked like a gorgeous pate, the sirloin looked delicious and his barbequed bananas looked fab too! What is with people who just because people try to make an effort, that they have to mark them down for that! I hope she gets really low marks and comes last! She is nothing but a trollop!!

Tell you what if I was young, free and single Paul would make a perfect husband!

Yeah, I actually caught this one Bella. Missed them while I was away and then completely forgot yesterday - isn't it annoying when you look at the clock and realise that something you wanted to watch has just finished Sad

Ooooh I could have slapped that woman. The cheek of her, marking him down for being too perfect. It makes a mockery of the whole thing really.

I've always thought the marking system was dodgy because obviously they are all wanting to win so they know that to mark high reduces their chances. I've tried to think of a fairer way to do it but can't (other than people phoning in and I'm totally against all the ways they try and extort money out of the public on these phone-in things). I'm glad to see that a lot of them do play fair.

He was rather yummy wasn't he Blush I wonder just how "friendly" he was with the guy in the kilt though :naughty:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The final celebrity big brother! Dolores 7 2,522 09-01-2010 07:30 PM
Last Post: Gneiss
  Celebrity Big Brother returns to Channel 4 on January 2. Punkyfish 1 1,581 23-12-2008 12:18 PM
Last Post: Punkyfish
  Come Dine With Me Critique 37 5,923 09-07-2007 12:30 PM
Last Post: Tigereye
  New series of Come Dine With Me Critique 6 1,115 29-07-2006 08:01 AM
Last Post: Critique
  Celebrity Love Island Cat 76 7,459 10-07-2006 09:03 AM
Last Post: Haydon_acc2
  Celebrity Fit Club 2006 Dolores 88 6,978 03-05-2006 02:28 PM
Last Post: MariaRob
  Im a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! - Official Line Up ? Pandora 37 5,020 18-10-2005 09:18 AM
Last Post: Bonsai
  Celebrity Fit Club ils 107 12,463 07-10-2005 05:12 PM
Last Post: Pandora
  Im a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here !! - November 05 Pandora 32 3,693 01-10-2005 01:47 PM
Last Post: Eternity
  Celebrity Fit Club/Wife Swap Lizzie Gets Her Come Uppance At Last ! Pandora 8 1,991 29-09-2005 04:34 PM
Last Post: Pandora