Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Channel 4
05-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Channel 4

Just seen what this lot has had on tonight for 2 hours prime time TV. What in heck does it say about people in the UK??

8pm - How clean is your house? A filthy, stinking house owned by a banker (think they said he was a Banker).
8:30pm - It's me or the Dog. A badly trained dog that humps and bites every female he can get close to is sorted - eventually,
9pm - Supernanny - A 3 year old is exorsised from having terrible tantrums that came close to splitting up the family.

I know what I think - just how sad is it that the basics of life have to be taught some people through a TV medium? :sick:

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Channel 4
Sad enough that I emigrate in 7 days time!

Seriously.
06-10-2005, 08:37 AM
Channel 4
Where are you going Mouse, and can I come too!??

06-10-2005, 08:40 AM
Channel 4
Eternity Wrote:8:30pm - It's me or the Dog. A badly trained dog that humps and bites every female he can get close to is sorted - eventually,

I did see this (well half of it) and i LOVED that dog. How beautiful was he :wub: He just needed guidance, and that should of been given when they first brought him home. But wow, a gorgeous dog indeed, with eyes you could sink into.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2005, 09:09 AM
Channel 4
The breeder of that dog should be checked out too Bons - that pup was sold at 5 weeks old to this couple who did not have a clue how to care for a dog. I have been a breeder of pedigree kitts, and no way would the babies have gone before 3 months, and never with a couple like them.

That was the irresponsible start, that poor dog never stood a chance.

06-10-2005, 09:13 AM
Channel 4
Eternity Wrote:The breeder of that dog should be checked out too Bons - that pup was sold at 5 weeks old to this couple who did not have a clue how to care for a dog. I have been a breeder of pedigree kitts, and no way would the babies have gone before 3 months, and never with a couple like them.

That was the irresponsible start, that poor dog never stood a chance.

I didnt see the beginning (as mentioned above) so i didnt know the circumstances. No, the dog shouldnt have been sold at 5 weeks old. I cant remember how old Bailey was when we got him !!! Gawd, i have a memory of a goldfish :unsure: Let me think, he was born on Jan 8th, and we got him in April i think .... so he would of been about 3 months.

I think we got our cats at 8 weeks. The woman seller was a nightmare and should of been reported.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
06-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Channel 4
I have to admit to watching How Clean Is Yuor House ... morbid fascination, can't help myself!

But I totally see what you are getting at Eternity.

I myself was going to start up a thread about the "freak show" nature of some documentaries at the moment. But as I usually only watch the trailers or read the blurb in tv magazines I can't really comment on the content.

Although from the trailers there is such a yukky voyeuristic slant to these programmes. This week we have a programme about children with a dreadful skin condition and another one about a man in Brazil with the "Werewolf" problem, his face is covered in hair.

Please don't misunderstand me I am in no way ridiculing or minimising the affect these terrible afflictions have on the lives of the sufferers.

I just don't always see what the angle the producers of these documentaries are aiming for. To me a lot of the programmes are just a different angle on the Victorian freak shows. If he were alive today John Merrick would have probably been a one hour documentary on Channel 4.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Celebrity Big Brother returns to Channel 4 on January 2. Punkyfish 1 1,687 23-12-2008 12:18 PM
Last Post: Punkyfish
  Girl's Guide to Sex in the 21st Century - Channel 5 (who else?), Mondays, 11pm PJ 21 8,382 21-11-2006 12:06 PM
Last Post: Slipper
  Discovery/Science Channel msgirl 2 1,469 31-12-2005 03:56 AM
Last Post: JakeyBoy
  Which channel would you choose? PJ 29 2,894 24-11-2005 12:44 PM
Last Post: bridge
  TV Escape to the Legion on The History Channel : UK, and the Discovery Channel :USA RaiderDingo 19 3,171 16-10-2005 09:09 PM
Last Post: RaiderDingo