Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child Star Jonx?
14-10-2005, 01:27 PM
Child Star Jonx?

Child Star Jinx

:excl:

Hello Survivors,

I'm afraid that as I type I'm full of cold. So if i make any mistakes no matter how large or small I'll just leave them be.

I was a television late bird last night. I stayed awake and watched channel 4's documentary Child Star Jinx programme.

The programme gave an excellent but disturbing insight into childhood stardom. But I'm afraid it did leave me feeling three issues which remained unanswered;-

1) Is it true that dysfunctional parenting has become the norm for those with the social status acquired from the success of having children who become singers, actors and actresses?

2) Surely there must be social and welfare bodies in America to monitor the health and wellfare of such children and if necessary to remove children at risk into secure and loving homes, or does this only happen in high profile cases i,e Michael Jackson.

3) I couldn't make up my mind whether I was meant to feel sorry for the trials and tribulations of the childhood dilemma of alcohol and drug related problems within these children such as Drew Barrymore and a whole host of other child stars. When there assets alone could well afford them a decent clean lifestyle.

Another issue seemed to be that some parents enjoyed to much of the financial spoils from there child's success, they may argue that they were powerless to stop there children developing in the way they did. Were they not just :pimp: pimping off them and basking in a shared limelight?

Do you think I'm too cynical?

:boxing: Let battle commence. what do you think?
Did anyone watch this programme and feel similar thoughts to those above?

Maureen
Northern Angel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Raef Bjayou - Apprentice star back on TV Haydon_acc2 4 2,413 22-11-2008 12:35 PM
Last Post: The Curmudgeon
  A Child Against All Odds Patsy 3 843 15-11-2006 02:05 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  Ant and Dec's All Star Cup! Andrea 6 1,181 30-08-2006 09:36 PM
Last Post: Andrea
  BB "star" Assaulted Seabreeze 3 1,993 04-04-2006 01:38 PM
Last Post: gatubela
  The All Star Cup Andrea 5 842 30-08-2005 02:36 PM
Last Post: IsLe Of WeAtHeR
  Child of our Time Andrea 4 1,017 06-01-2005 11:32 PM
Last Post: Andrea