Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child of our Time
04-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Child of our Time

Anyone else watch this tonight?

I love this programme cause all the kids are the same age as my oldest boy, so I've been following it since it started in 2000.

From tonights progamme, I just hope the girl who went to the womens hostel gets on ok. But it's like its a different world out there and I bet there are many women in the same situation as her.
We moan at home sometimes about how things aren't going the way we'd like them to, but when you look at her and the countless others that are like that, I personally thank myself very lucky I have what I have.

And its funny, things that the kids get up to, I'm there relating totally with them because I can see my son doing exactly the same things.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2005, 11:54 PM
Child of our Time
I saw this tonight as miss ils wanted to watch it..... I have never seen it before though. I found it very interesting ......

You are right it is a different world for some people, and I thank my lucky stars that things have not been like that for me or my children!
06-01-2005, 06:58 PM
Child of our Time
I've watched this from the start too, It's a fascinating programme. The single parent family they featured tonight also featured quite heavily last series, the woman (forget her name) was in real danger of losing her kids, her house was in such a state. I know that the experts stepped in to offer her some really good advice, it's a shame her relationship didn't work.
I'm also intersted to see how young Paris is getting on, we didn't see him last night. If you remember his mother has no limbs and he is quite a handful, but I found it so sweet that at age 3 he already knew how to help his mum get out of the car and help her across the road. He's a real cheeky chappie.
Good series

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
06-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Child of our Time
Apparently Paris is going to be featured on next weeks program.

As for the woman that was featured in this program, the one that went to a womans refuge. In some ways for her, being in this program has probably helped her. For example, would she have known how to get in touch with a womans refuge herself if she wasn't involved in this? I often wonder if the program makers have given her information about what she can do in certain situations that she wouldn't normally know about.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Time of Your Life MariaRob 6 1,233 26-06-2007 11:50 AM
Last Post: MariaRob
  A Child Against All Odds Patsy 3 856 15-11-2006 02:05 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  Child Star Jonx? Northern angel 1 783 14-10-2005 01:27 PM
Last Post: Northern angel
  A step back in time Eternity 1 737 08-10-2005 04:04 PM
Last Post: Eternity