Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Children hitting puberty.
29-11-2006, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2006 07:31 PM by Dolores.)

my little boy is growing up! :cry:

The other week I found some rudey (not too rudey) pics of women in scanty underwear in his trouser pockets and tonight when we were tidying his bedroom I found some posters his friend had given him out of newspaper of scantily clad women which were shoved at the back of his money box. When he realised what I was going to move and what I might find he leapt across the bedrrom all red and flustered! bless!

I have no objection to him putting the pictures on the wall - I'm dead cool and liberal I am. But things like this just suddenly hit home don't they that our children are growing up into young people.

I didn't want to discuss the tissues under the bed Huh as I know he's had a bit of a cold lately ... well that's what I'm choosing to believe!

Anyone got any stories of children hitting puberty they might like to share?

In a way (not all ways) I envy people like floopy, bob, Groucho and Bella (and perhaps Andrea and SF?) who are still doing Christmas shopping in the Early Learning Centre - I miss going in that shop at christmas time Sad
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Awww Dol, how old is he again?

I know what you mean though, my two are 8 & 3 and technically I can still shop in the ELC but choose not to, I realise that they are not babies anymore.

Katie just got her hair cut last week into a really trendy bob and she looks so mature, it's scary! She blushes when you mention the names Charlie or Calum who are two boys in her class who she *fancies*. Even Abbie when she sees Calum will shout to Katie that he is her boyfriend much to the embarrassment of Katie!

Abbie is 3 and is asking for the Scissor Sister and Sugababes CD for her Christmas but then shows that she really still is a wee one as she wants Baby Annabelle with real tears!

Dol, wait until he starts staying out all night and comes home reeking of fags, booze and women........then'll you can start panicking!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
29-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Where would you like me to start? My eldest has hit puberty with a vengence this year. I hav tissues under the bed, I have the breaking voice, the mood swings, the love letters from girls, the attitude.....oh the deep deep joy.:wallbash:
Find all posts by this user
29-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Bella Wrote:Awww Dol, how old is he again?

I know what you mean though, my two are 8 & 3 and technically I can still shop in the ELC but choose not to, I realise that they are not babies anymore.

3 not a baby? my friends daughter is 5 nearly 6 and she's got her fairyland from ELC for her birthday. Don't let them grow up too soon!

My son is 12 (13 in Feb) - how old are yours again Buzz?

I get trapped in a time warp when it comes to other people's children (esp if I don't see them often) and always imagine them at the age I last saw them - even if it was 5 years ago! My friend was going to get some beer for her son the other night - but, I said, he's only about 16 years old - he is actually 23 - how time flies!!!
29-11-2006, 08:27 PM
13, 11 and 8(going on 18).

It is extremely hard work in our house at the moment, hormones all over the place. It's enough to drive a person to drink!

At the moment it's all grunts and 'you don't undertand me's', like we were NEVER 13...
29-11-2006, 10:41 PM
I remember my sons giggles when he told me that the school bus was number 69, he was eleven at the time. By the time he was twelve he described to me what a pearl necklace was, I was horrified that he knew and embarrassed that I didn't.

I hate the fact that they grow up so quickly, my grandsons are eleven now and I see the innocence rapidly disappearing.
29-11-2006, 10:45 PM
........ and the spots. My beautiful, freckly baby has a forehead like a pizza. Hopefully, the fact that he's had his fringe cut should help this. He is also 13 and he has quite an impressive amount of sprouting "down there", but as yet nothing under the arms. The voice isn't breaking yet. I must say, compared to others his age, I think I've got off quite lightly. The toddler-like tantrums are quite amusing and they don't really happen very often.

Only 2 more years to go until I have two teenages. Oh joy. :cry:
29-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Patsy Wrote:Only 2 more years to go until I have two teenages. Oh joy. :cry:

Only two more years to go until both my sons have left their teenage years behind :ohmy:

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
30-11-2006, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE=PatsyHe is also 13 and he has quite an impressive amount of sprouting "down there"[/quote]

At 13 he is still showing you his 'down there's' :shocking: Blimey, at 13 i wouldnt let my parents even look at any part of my body, and was well and truly wrapped up and aware of my growing body parts.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
30-11-2006, 09:26 AM
He doesn't exactly let me look. When I first found out he had growth, I asked him to show me and he wouldn't, not surprisingly. He still wanders around naked at bath/shower time and I have a surreptitious glance to see how it's coming along. Nothing under the arms yet.

We nearly had a trip to the doctors recently because he couldn't pull his foreskin back and it was really worrying him. For some reason, he feels more able to speak to me about these matters than his father! Anyway, something "gave" and all is fine now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Funny:Deciding whether to have children?Read it once... petergomes 3 1,054 03-12-2009 03:22 PM
Last Post: ils
  What job do you want your children to do? gatubela 10 1,208 13-06-2006 04:02 PM
Last Post: bridge
  Are children being spoilt today? Northern angel 25 2,387 31-05-2006 05:37 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  Grand children. secrets 24 1,900 24-12-2005 11:49 AM
Last Post: Critique
  African Children's Choir - WOW! Bella 9 1,077 09-06-2005 06:03 PM
Last Post: Bella
  Children - are they too expensive? Gelastic 17 1,718 26-05-2005 08:39 AM
Last Post: Dolores
  Children and Money Voice of reason 6 909 15-02-2005 10:04 PM
Last Post: Cat
  When children realise parents are people sheoque 4 819 22-11-2004 11:06 PM