Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Children of Men
25-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Children of Men

Went to see this tonight.

Basically, it is set in London in 2027, when no child has been born for 18 years and scienists are at loss to explain the reason why. African and East European societies collapse and their dwindling populations migrate to the UK and other wealthy nations. Amidst all of the nationalistic violence, a London peace activist turned bureaucrat Theo Faron (Clive Owen), joins forces with his revolutionary ex-wife Julian (Julianne Moore) and old hippy friend Jasper (Michael Caine) in order to save mankind by protecting a woman who has mysteriously became pregnant.

Great plot, great acting, great stunts. I loved it.

Highly recommended! :good:

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2006, 07:58 AM
Children of Men
I wanted to see this film the other day but they are showing it at stupid times:evilmad: I shall have to wait until my days off again now and plan better for it!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
08-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Children of Men
I want to see it too, glad it was good PeeJ
11-10-2006, 07:12 AM
Children of Men
Saw it yesterday...finally...it was alright...didn't grab me and dragged in a couple of places and the general concept was a little too early in history to be that believeable and I kept asking myself about test tube babies n stuff...

I did like the fact that the future was shown in a more realistic way as apposed to their being loads of sci-fi weaponry etc that there is in most futuristic films.

3/5 Cool

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]