Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Cheer
18-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Christmas Cheer

Hambug to all the humbuggers out there, this thread is for all the christmassy things that make you feel all glowy and warm :xmas hat:.

Today we went to a carol service at our Baby and Toddler Group, where all the little ones played musical intruments and did cute little actions to Away In A Manger, then had a mince pie each. Bless. Admittedly Gigi and one of her chums invaded the altar, and our little angel managed to play the organ, which wasn't strictly speaking scripted Blush , but hey, she got the only laugh of the night Cool .

Then when we got home there was a parade through the village, and Santa rode through all the streets on his sleigh, giving out lollipops.

I feel all christmassy now :xmastree:

Bollox to potplants
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Christmas Cheer
I've dug out last year's left over Christmas cards today. They are now on the dining room table. All I need to do now is find the address book that should have been with them :bag:

But I am going to get a tree tomorrow.:xmas hat:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
18-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Christmas Cheer
Well today I had a dry run for christmas as my son and his family were coming for dinner and then about an hour before lunch was ready my other son phoned to say he was popping round with his girlfriend so I invited them as well.

They are all coming christmas day so I am looking forward to that. It will be a busy day but enjoyable I hope. One son is making the starter and the other is doing mulled wine, I am cooking dinner and sons girlfriend is making some chocolate puddings, so the chores will be shared Mr M will be on washing the dishes and grandsons to help.

The afternoon will be spent playing games, well that is the plan if we are still standing.

Just spoken to my other grandaughter and she is coming with her dad for new year, I don't see her so often as the others so that will be a treat for me.

Bah humbug is off my calender now just hope everything goes to plan.
18-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Christmas Cheer
I'm feeling a bit more Christmassy now the tree and decs are up, I've got and wrapped all the main pressies, cards have been sent and the bulk of the food shopping is being delivered on Tuesday :laugh:

It will be the usual quiet affair at home for us. Mr C works up to the last minute and is usually back to work the day after Boxing Day so we never get to go away and these days I'm happy to be in my own home where I can slob out all I want.

Will be just me and him, plus Son and grandson (Tom) at "dinner" which we will have at lunch time. Then they will go off visiting Tom's sisters and then his real grandad for tea (all gets so complicated nowadays with split families doesn't it). My son's latest girlfriend is due to have their baby the first week of January so if it comes early we might have a Christmas grandchild. Don't ask me why they're not having Christmas together - it's complicated and probably very boring.

Mr C will probably load the dishwasher and then fall asleep in front of the TV and I will either find an old film to watch or come on here and see if anyone's about. Last year I spent most of Christmas on ebay doing their big Christmas Treasure Hunt which was fun but I didn't win anything :laugh:
18-12-2005, 09:26 PM
Christmas Cheer
Yay, no more bah humbugs around please.
I'm feeling more and more Chrismassy.
I took the kids to sunday school this morning and they both got dressed up as kings (all willingly as well), I wore a tinsel headdress with a star on the top and was the Star of Bethlehem:laugh:
We had about 6 kings and 2 shepards:laugh:
But it was lovely.

I've been putting VH1 on alot lately because they've been playing loads of Chrismassy songs. So the kids and me have been dancing around the house to Shakin Steven's, Slade and all the usual ones that come out.
Fabulous, I say:xmas hat:

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Christmas Cheer
I went to a carol concert at the local pub last night, and i have to say that the singers were fantastic.

I 'tried' to join in, but i could single-handedly clear a pub with my warblings. In fact, everyone thought i was taking the p*ss, but my voice honestly is THAT bad :wink2:

It was good - but im suffering this morning. I had way too many glasses of port ..... and now i feel like i have some builders hammering in my head.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
19-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Christmas Cheer
i did my shopping in the shops at derriford hospital - they have a body shop and a few gift shops, wrapped them all on saturday and gave them to mr i to put under the tree - apparently jade is doing the tree and decs today, and for some reason is glad that mrs anal control freak isnt there to interfere :glare: :laugh:

floops, your carol service sounded fab, i cried when i saw my nieces nursery nativities (sp?) in the past......what a wuss :laugh:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
19-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Christmas Cheer
deffo feeling more christmassy than last week when I turned into the Stress Head from Hell -SO much to do and no time to do it - but have hammered most of the chores out, and am actually enjoying mooching round the shops, having a few pints and meeting LOADs of ex pats who have come home to ireland for the holiday.

Unfortunately my freezer in the garage mysteriously switched itself off [Urk was out there tinkering over the weekend but is staying schtum about 'what do you mean - ME? Turn the freezer off? Never'...

anyhoo the fekkin turkey is now half defrosted.........

bam bam
19-12-2005, 12:02 PM
Christmas Cheer
OOoh, I definitely feeling Christmassy! I have just wrapped the kid's presents and can't wait to see their faces on Christmas morning when they open them all up!

I have Katie's Church Service tomorrow and she is an angel who has a speaking part - she is the only in her class to get chosen!

The little one has her nativity play last week and it was so sweet, we ended up with 2 Marys and 2 Baby Jesus....Lucky Joseph!!!

We are making cakes this afternoon as Katie has her Christmas Party at the school tomorrow and the girls were discussing what outfits they are going to be wearing this morning in the playground....they are only 7!!

I am also going to make the cranberry stuffing today and chuck on the Christmas music and really get in the mood..........heck I'll even put tinsel in my hair!

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
19-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Christmas Cheer
Tigereye Wrote:deffo feeling more christmassy than last week when I turned into the Stress Head from Hell -SO much to do and no time to do it - but have hammered most of the chores out, and am actually enjoying mooching round the shops, having a few pints and meeting LOADs of ex pats who have come home to ireland for the holiday.

Unfortunately my freezer in the garage mysteriously switched itself off [Urk was out there tinkering over the weekend but is staying schtum about 'what do you mean - ME? Turn the freezer off? Never'...

anyhoo the fekkin turkey is now half defrosted.........

Oooh TE - bad luck. However, you could cook the turkey when it's defrosted and then re-freeze it. Just make sure you get it out again in good time to thaw out :laugh:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happy Christmas Saedhb 4 2,165 24-12-2009 02:23 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Christmas cupcakes jeryruse 2 1,586 17-12-2009 05:44 PM
Last Post: Mars
  Christmas spinach filo torte jeryruse 1 1,496 17-12-2009 12:59 PM
Last Post: jeryruse
  Tired of Christmas yet? karenh 8 2,508 28-12-2008 10:45 AM
Last Post: Buzz
  Merry Christmas Bonsai 8 2,498 27-12-2008 04:48 PM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Christmas Parties Slipper 18 4,187 12-12-2008 01:45 PM
Last Post: Slipper
  A Christmas wish for you all! ~ils~ 11 3,519 02-01-2008 07:23 PM
Last Post: Tigereye
  The Christmas Rat Rob 1 1,479 11-12-2007 07:16 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Record your first sighting of domestic Christmas decorations here! Dolores 58 5,328 27-05-2007 05:23 AM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Merry Christmas..ho Ho Ho! Coastie 9 2,177 26-12-2006 12:19 AM
Last Post: secrets