Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Lights
21-12-2004, 02:30 PM
Christmas Lights

I enjoyed Christmas Lights last night - although I do wish that the TV pages wouldn't give away so much of the plot of a programme, it gave away that the friend had cancer!

The woman who played the thick large girl in Dinner Ladies is looking great!

It was a nice story with the usual happy ending. I'm glad I watched it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2004, 02:39 PM
Christmas Lights
I enjoyed this too Mink Smile

It is like Blackpool Illumanations around my way so I thought it would be interesting to see if they had more lights than my neighbours and they did (only just though :wacko: )

I also like Robson Green and have done since his Solider Soldier days (so I tend to give anything he is in a go). It was very predictible (although I hadn't read the write up about it I guessed the ending) but it was a nice light hearted 90 minutes....
21-12-2004, 04:11 PM
Christmas Lights
Yep enjoyed Christmas lights as well, had that nice feelgood factor - nice and light and easy to watch just like Heartbeat on a Sunday night. I like Robson Green, think he is a very good actor, what happened to the blonde bloke that used to team up with him - Jerome something?
21-12-2004, 04:16 PM
Christmas Lights
I am not a huge fan of Robson Green, never watched Soldier, Soldier, I think it was the singing that put me off him! :laugh: Although I did enjoy him in Wire in the Blood.

I didn't know the ending but I read that there was a family tragedy, so you could guess that something like that was going to happen. What is it with guys though, having to have one better than everyone else?

And thanks, Mink for pointing out that Pauline was the big girl in Dinnerladies, I knew I recognised her face just didn't know where from. It was good though and left you with a kind of a warm glow!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-12-2004, 04:27 PM
Christmas Lights
Quote:And thanks, Mink for pointing out that Pauline was the big girl in Dinnerladies, I knew I recognised her face just didn't know where from. It was good though and left you with a kind of a warm glow!

I spent the first half of the programmed trying to work out where I'd seen her before - she looks like a different woman doesn't she. Twinkle! that's the character!

It was nice easy viewing wasn't it, nothing too taxing for a Monday night!
21-12-2004, 04:29 PM
Christmas Lights
I really enjoyed this too!!! Not what I would normally watch I have to admit, but I think it helped that I hadnt read anything about it so I didnt know what the deal was - makes such a refreshing change not to know the storyline!

And Pauline............I thought it was the actress that plays Carol (the secretary who claps a lot and is a bit slow) in Teachers - anyone know if im right or not?

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
21-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Christmas Lights
MariaRob Wrote:what happened to the blonde bloke that used to team up with him - Jerome something?

MariaRob - his name is Jerome Flynn and he has been staring in "Jus' Like That!" in the West End in London as Tommy Cooper!
21-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Christmas Lights
ilovesurvivor Wrote:MariaRob - his name is Jerome Flynn and he has been staring in "Jus' Like That!" in the West End in London as Tommy Cooper!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm I used to really fancy him as Paddy Garvey!!!!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
21-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Christmas Lights
Queeenie Wrote:Mmmmmmmmmmmm I used to really fancy him as Paddy Garvey!!!!

I did too Queeenie Smile I actually fancied them both, although my taste has changed since then!
05-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Christmas Lights
Queeenie Wrote:Mmmmmmmmmmmm I used to really fancy him as Paddy Garvey!!!!

Hi

The Jus' Like That! 2005 UK Tour starts February 14th. If you haven't seen the show then I can highly recomend it - it's brilliant!

Joy Smile

[Image: chatdaily_sig.gif]

www.chatdaily.co.uk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Worst Christmas Advert Punkyfish 34 4,122 17-01-2007 09:12 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Fav Christmas Advert Bella 16 2,907 11-01-2007 02:15 PM
Last Post: Punkyfish
  The Worse Christmas of My Life Seabreeze 5 1,227 30-12-2006 06:17 AM