Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas List - what is on yours?
08-11-2004, 05:13 PM

*Inspired by a post by Bella in the food thread*

Do you write a Christmas list so your family & close friends know what you would like for Christmas or not? And if you do what will you be putting on it this year?
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2004, 05:24 PM
No, I don't make a list of what I would like for Christmas - but I do drop a few not so subtle to Mr M around that time, which he never seems to be able to decipher!

This year we are going to Sri Lanka just after Christmas to spend New Year there - that's my Christmas present to Mr M, so at least I don't have to worry about what yo get him.....I'll probably get him some DVD's and gadgety things so he has something to open on Christmas day as well.
Find all posts by this user
08-11-2004, 05:30 PM
I do make a list because Mr M refuses to buy anything that I haven't asked for. I haven't made one yet but it will probably be a list of CDs.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2004, 05:44 PM
I always write a list now! & I also get my children to write a list as well, so at least I know they are going to use what I buy them.

I can't think of anything worse than buying something that someone is just going to put in a draw and not use or that they will give it to someone else the following year. I would much rather get something I know that person wants and will use.

I haven't really thought about my list yet, but Jamie's cookbook will certainly not be on it :laugh:

*ils is not and never will be a Domestic Goddess* :laugh:
08-11-2004, 05:49 PM
ilovesurvivor Wrote:I haven't really thought about my list yet, but Jamie's cookbook will certainly not be on it :laugh:

*ils is not and never will be a Domestic Goddess* :laugh:

Jamie's Dinners is made for people like you, ILS!! Simple, easy and delicious food, honest. I love it for that, it doesn't have your *dinner party* recipes, but basic family stuff. It is the best cook-book I have, in fact at the moment I would regard it as my cook-book bible!

Katie asked me today to write a list........so I guess I better go off and do one!!! :laugh:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
08-11-2004, 05:49 PM
Because I still haven't sold my house, I'm not doing Xmas this year. I have told everybody to save their money and I will be doing likewise.

Unlike Mr C, this fills me with nothing but a feeling of great relief!!
08-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Bella Wrote:Jamie's Dinners is made for people like you, ILS!! Simple, easy and delicious food, honest. I love it for that, it doesn't have your *dinner party* recipes, but basic family stuff. It is the best cook-book I have, in fact at the moment I would regard it as my cook-book bible!

Bella - I couldn't think of anything worse than to recieve a cook book as a present!!!
08-11-2004, 06:18 PM
ilovesurvivor Wrote:Bella - I couldn't think of anything worse than to recieve a cook book as a present!!!

The Michelle McManus album it is then.

cheerio!
08-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Scooby Wrote:The Michelle McManus album it is then.

Ok, Ok I lied :laugh:

Btw - if anyone is thinking of getting me either of these 2 items for a laugh, I would think again !!!

As you would find I would stick them where the sun don't shine and you won't be able to sit down for a week :wink2: :laugh:

*Merry Christmas* [Image: 00000050.gif]
08-11-2004, 06:56 PM
Hubby has written two lists:ohmy: from his fishing mail order catalogue. I am under instructions that I can get the stuff if I wish or get other stuff, but he says he would be really chuffed to receive any of it. So I guess thats him sorted out.

He's asked me to write a list, but I never really know. All I want is a new printer but he doesn't think that is a good present. I said its one that I want and I will use it alot so I think it is. But with my birthday 4 days after Xmas he's also asking me to write a list for that too. I actually forgot its my birthday soon. Everybody is all wrapped up in Xmas, birthdays often don't get a mention. But hubby is really nice and makes sure he remembers.

Other stuff on my Xmas list is Jamie Oliver book, Michael Moore's DVD's and of course some new slippersSmile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happy Christmas Saedhb 4 1,627 24-12-2009 02:23 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Christmas cupcakes jeryruse 2 1,231 17-12-2009 05:44 PM
Last Post: Mars
  Christmas spinach filo torte jeryruse 1 1,207 17-12-2009 12:59 PM
Last Post: jeryruse
  Tired of Christmas yet? karenh 8 1,942 28-12-2008 10:45 AM
Last Post: Buzz
  Merry Christmas Bonsai 8 1,912 27-12-2008 04:48 PM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Christmas Parties Slipper 18 3,205 12-12-2008 01:45 PM
Last Post: Slipper
  A Christmas wish for you all! ~ils~ 11 2,663 02-01-2008 07:23 PM
Last Post: Tigereye
  The Christmas Rat Rob 1 1,294 11-12-2007 07:16 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Record your first sighting of domestic Christmas decorations here! Dolores 58 4,238 27-05-2007 05:23 AM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Merry Christmas..ho Ho Ho! Coastie 9 1,568 26-12-2006 12:19 AM
Last Post: secrets