Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Parties
03-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Christmas Parties

What are you plans party wise for the festive season? And have you got any stories to share of past indulgences?

I've only got 2 dos - one's an area do, sit down meal, live band, disco - and then a meal with just my branch.

I usually go out with the intention of not drinking too much but after the 2nd glass of wine tend to throw caution to the wind. This year I'm working the following day for one of them so I must try and take it easy!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Christmas Parties
we just had ours last night, fun night to be had where we hogged the kareok, i sang ymca then some idiot stole the microphone (i know who it was i think its despicable). some dirty dancing then back to someones flat for a slumber party!!

kookycat? she makes exceedingly good posts

[Image: pot002.gif]

[Image: egg03061.gif]
03-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Christmas Parties
The second work Christmas party I got very drunk (obviously) and a bloke from work brought me home in a taxi, took me up to my bedsit and I stripped off in front of him.Blush Classy, eh? Still, didn't put him off cos he married me.
03-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Christmas Parties
Our office Crimbo party is in January. The person that normally organises it was off on maternity leave and didn't come back until October, so it didn't get organised until then. At which point, nowhere decent was available. hence the January do.

I would normally have Mr Figaro's Crimbo party to look forward to, but this year I am in Boston when it happens. So, I have to miss it and he has to go on his own (he'll probably have a ball).

Our team Christmas dinner is the one office "do" I am looking forward to. Its next week at a really nice restaurant. should be a balst.

We also have the in-laws Christmas in Dorset the weekend after next. Always a good laugh and I'm itching for it to happen. A real brightener.

Christmas Day will be at hospital. My Dad is in a bad way and has been there for the last 3 months. Frankly he will never return home, and without trying to be melodramatic, we are watching him die. But, we have a (comparitively) good day planned for him and he is well looking forward to it. Obviously, there will be a touch of sadness about it, but in many ways, this Christmas Day will be the most rewarding that I have ever spent.

Sheesh! Sorry to be morbid. But that is where my life is at the moment.
Find all posts by this user
03-12-2006, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2006 09:10 PM by Patsy.)
Christmas Parties
My company will be at Prima Donna's on 13th if you want to pop in Max.

We go there every year. They're very patient and accommodating. Last year I had two oranges down my shirt and invited one of the partners to squeeze them. He complied willingly, if a little bemused.
03-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Christmas Parties
I'm gonna party with my sister, sad i know but she whines otherwise...
04-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Christmas Parties
Sorry to hear about your dad Figaro.

I said I would go to my work christmas party this year and frankly i can't think what came over me. In five years I've only ever been to one and there's a reason for that, I hardly know anyone I work with and i don't like parties... but I feel I have to go now, so I shall... I reckon two hours is long enough though and then I can slip away. I'd be amazed if anyone noticed Big Grin
04-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Christmas Parties
Cricky Figaro. My sympathies to you and yours. It must be tough.

My Christmas doo is next Thurday lunchtime. We are going to a boat restaurant called Il Punto http://www.ilpunto.co.uk/ and it looks kinda posh.

We are eating at 1pm .... so its a half day off work.

I try very hard to get drunk - but there is no point having a laugh with my bosses because they are financial advisers after all (i.e. BORING). One of them doesnt even drink !! In fact, neither will drink this year as one doesn't, and the other is collecting a hire car straight after the event, so he cant either !!!

So i will try to lower the tone on their behalf. Just lately though i have been getting the hiccups when i have been drinking .... which is mortifying in a posh restaurant :blink:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
04-12-2006, 09:36 AM
Christmas Parties
Bonny, Sam.......thanks. :wub:
04-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Christmas Parties
Patsy Wrote:My company will be at Prima Donna's on 13th if you want to pop in Max.

We go there every year. They're very patient and accommodating. Last year I had two oranges down my shirt and invited one of the partners to squeeze them. He complied willingly, if a little bemused.

Hehe, that's where we're going too!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happy Christmas Saedhb 4 1,694 24-12-2009 02:23 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Christmas cupcakes jeryruse 2 1,269 17-12-2009 05:44 PM
Last Post: Mars
  Christmas spinach filo torte jeryruse 1 1,241 17-12-2009 12:59 PM
Last Post: jeryruse
  Tired of Christmas yet? karenh 8 2,019 28-12-2008 10:45 AM
Last Post: Buzz
  Merry Christmas Bonsai 8 1,989 27-12-2008 04:48 PM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Christmas Parties Slipper 18 3,319 12-12-2008 01:45 PM
Last Post: Slipper
  A Christmas wish for you all! ~ils~ 11 2,775 02-01-2008 07:23 PM
Last Post: Tigereye
  The Christmas Rat Rob 1 1,319 11-12-2007 07:16 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Record your first sighting of domestic Christmas decorations here! Dolores 58 4,461 27-05-2007 05:23 AM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Merry Christmas..ho Ho Ho! Coastie 9 1,655 26-12-2006 12:19 AM
Last Post: secrets