Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Sorrow
24-12-2005, 09:12 AM
Christmas Sorrow

Sorry to be a killjoy, but does anyone want to share any stories of Christmas woe?

:humbug:

Christmas whilst a great time of year that I love, can also be a miserable time and can make you feel quite maudlin.

I've just had a quiet sob for my cat, Casey, who died in May this year and who I still miss like crazy sometimes. :cry:

And then I've just heard that an old family friend (Jean) will be in hospital over Christmas having a blood transfusion as she's got non-specific hodgkinson's disease, so I had a little sob for her and her family who will be missing her on Christmas Day. On the bright side she is a fighter and is responding well to treatment so we're all sure she will be out soon to enjoy the New Year. :cry:

I do wish everyone a happy Christmas and I hate to be sad, but I know of a few people who detest Christmas cos it reminds them of those who wont be with them. Sad

:xmastree2:

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2005, 09:20 AM
Christmas Sorrow
My heart goes out to all those who have lost loved ones in the past year and for whom this will be the first Christmas without them. :cry:
24-12-2005, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2005 09:37 AM by Dolores.)
Christmas Sorrow
I also get maudlin at this time of year when i see family groups and couples in love ... cos being part of my own "nuclear" family has passed me by and also falling in love again seems to be more of a pipe dream as the years roll on by and the weight piles on!

God I'm in a self pitying mode aren't I, for 9.30 in the morning on Christmas Eve!

Sorry folks!

I just feel like a good cry :sad: :cry: then I'll be fine! :thumbsup:

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
24-12-2005, 09:45 AM
Christmas Sorrow
Dolores Wrote:I also get maudlin at this time of year when i see family groups and couples in love ... cos being part of my own "nuclear" family has passed me by and also falling in love again seems to be more of a pipe dream as the years roll on by and the weight piles on!

God I'm in a self pitying mode aren't I, for 9.30 in the morning on Christmas Eve!

Sorry folks!

I just feel like a good cry :sad: :cry: then I'll be fine! :thumbsup:

Aww Dol, Just think, another new year round the corner and who knows what it will bring. Maybe a Mr. Right just for you. Forget the weight, because although most of us want to be thin so we can wear nice clothes and not the inevitable "disguise" dressing, men really don't like stick insects - most of them like us "cuddly". Smile

It's not all lovey dovey in relationships. I bet there are loads of people trapped in unhappy ones that would love to be on their own and self-sufficient.

I'm predicting a good year ahead for you :hug:
24-12-2005, 11:37 AM
Christmas Sorrow
I always seem to reflect at christmas on times gone past and people no longer with us. We live in what was my parents bungalow so a lot of my memories are here with me.

I sat last night remembering the boxing days when all the family used to gather here all sitting on one another quite literally. My dad feeling and trying to guess his gifts, my aunt slicing boiled bacon so thin you could see through it to make enough sarnies for everyone, my dear old mum enjoying having the kids around her.

Mum, dad and aunt are no longer with us and christmasses never feel the same anymore, there are loads more gifts and much more food but the magic has sadly gone. The foods that we always had at christmas you can now buy all year round so they don't seem special anymore, and kids have clothes and toys at other times other than christmas and birthday so they don't have the same anticipation that we had.

Now I have stopped crying in to my cuppa I think its time to celebrate those that will be here with us and at least look forward to the new year hoping that it brings health and happiness.

I truly think its not too late for anyone to find that special person Dol and size will not matter one bit, who knows it could be next year or a few years time but never give up, in the meantime enjoy your freedom as that is precious too. My sister is 53 unmarried no kids but seems to have loads of friends and a full life, in truth I sometimes envy her as she probably does me at times.

So heres to 2006 put any sadness aside and enjoy.
Find all posts by this user
24-12-2005, 12:13 PM
Christmas Sorrow
Critique Wrote:My heart goes out to all those who have lost loved ones in the past year and for whom this will be the first Christmas without them. :cry:

I have a friend who lost his father last Christmas Day - Tomorrow is going to be especially tough for him and his mum.

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
24-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Christmas Sorrow
I am also at this very moment weeping... I have just been to the cemetary to visit my mums grave. I always go on Christmas eve as opposed to Christmas Day, cos it leaves me feeling quite low and I couldn't do that to the kids on the 'big day'.

I have just cried like a baby whilst driving home - very dangerous indeed - but could not help myself this year.
Find all posts by this user
24-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Christmas Sorrow
I really don't know what to say to you all. I have never experienced the loss of anyone close to me so can't even begin to think what it must feel like for you. And Dol, you're life is not over yet.:wink2:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
24-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Christmas Sorrow
Buzz Wrote:I am also at this very moment weeping... I have just been to the cemetary to visit my mums grave. I always go on Christmas eve as opposed to Christmas Day, cos it leaves me feeling quite low and I couldn't do that to the kids on the 'big day'.

I have just cried like a baby whilst driving home - very dangerous indeed - but could not help myself this year.

:hug: I have to do that yet, Buzz, and I keep putting it off. I've got the wreaths (one for my mum and stepdad who are together, one for my son and one for hubby's mum and dad) and however much I can hold it together I know as soon as I get there I will be a gibbering wreck. I will put it off and put it off until it's dark probably. Must get this sewing done first.
24-12-2005, 01:57 PM
Christmas Sorrow
Dolores Wrote:I just feel like a good cry :sad: :cry: then I'll be fine! :thumbsup:

Well, I hope you have it before I get down there lady!

I always think of my friends who's 2 children were both killed in a car accident 4 years ago. What an awful time of year this must be for them.:cry:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happy Christmas Saedhb 4 2,165 24-12-2009 02:23 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Christmas cupcakes jeryruse 2 1,586 17-12-2009 05:44 PM
Last Post: Mars
  Christmas spinach filo torte jeryruse 1 1,496 17-12-2009 12:59 PM
Last Post: jeryruse
  Tired of Christmas yet? karenh 8 2,508 28-12-2008 10:45 AM
Last Post: Buzz
  Merry Christmas Bonsai 8 2,498 27-12-2008 04:48 PM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Christmas Parties Slipper 18 4,187 12-12-2008 01:45 PM
Last Post: Slipper
  A Christmas wish for you all! ~ils~ 11 3,518 02-01-2008 07:23 PM
Last Post: Tigereye
  The Christmas Rat Rob 1 1,479 11-12-2007 07:16 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Record your first sighting of domestic Christmas decorations here! Dolores 58 5,327 27-05-2007 05:23 AM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Merry Christmas..ho Ho Ho! Coastie 9 2,175 26-12-2006 12:19 AM
Last Post: secrets