Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Stockings!
19-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Christmas Stockings!

First off - where the heck have I put them?!!! Arrrgghhh! I can't find them anywhere! And I can't find any in the shops!

I'll keep looking both in the house & in the shop and providing I find them in either of these places.................

Do you wrap the presents you put in the stockings? I can never remember what I do from one year to the next.

Just spend the morning wrapping the kids presents and watching Bridget Jones's Diary, she certainly helped me but never gave me any hints whether or not I should wrap the presents for the Christmas Stockings or not and never told me where I could find the blasted things, but that's them all done....bar the stocking presents as I will wait for the worldy advice from you lovely, gorgeous people! :xmastree: :xmastree2: :snowman:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Christmas Stockings!
I personally have never wrapped stocking pressies - but i know many who do. Each to their own really.

I love my stocking, in fact, i think its the best part of Christmas morning for me.

My mum made our stockings when my sister and I were small. And i still use the same one now. Even though im older now, i STILL get a stocking, and when Mr.B joined the family .... mum made him one too.

She stuffs mine full of makeup, knickers, smelly trial size bits and bobs, emery boards, sweeties - all sort of things.

Mr.B gets more sweets in his, and little games and pens etc ....

In the last 5 years we have done my parents a stocking each too. They get smellies, and sweets and i always put a mini bottle of champagne in mums too.

I love christmas :wub:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
19-12-2005, 01:05 PM
Christmas Stockings!
OOH I would'nt wrap the prezzies for the stockings.Not because it's too much effort or anything, but just coz I think there is no need.
Half the fun is in being half asleep and tearing excitedly into the goodies.
Takes a while to register anyway on Christmas morn...so I just would'nt wrap anything except the main prezzies.
:-))
I LOVE Christmas.......................

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
Find all posts by this user
19-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Christmas Stockings!
Stockings? You still get stockings? I wanna stocking Sad I haven't got a mum to do one for me though and considering I've bought and wrapped my pressie from Mr C I don't think he will surprise me.

I might just go out again and buy a load of the bits and bobs that I've seen and would have liked while I was buying for everyone else and stuff a stocking full to bursting for meeeeeeeee :laugh:
19-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Christmas Stockings!
Yes..do that ..
it will be glorious!
you can never have enough bits n' bobs at Christmas time.
:-)))

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
19-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Christmas Stockings!
We've always had stocking - we each do one for one of the others, but this years we're finally giving them up and just having stocking for the babiesSad .

I suppose it's time for the new generation to take over, and it did end up costing a small fortune, but I'm going to miss my toothbrush, satsuma and chocolate coins :cry:

Bollox to potplants
19-12-2005, 06:27 PM
Christmas Stockings!
floopy Wrote:We've always had stocking - we each do one for one of the others, but this years we're finally giving them up and just having stocking for the babiesSad .

I suppose it's time for the new generation to take over, and it did end up costing a small fortune, but I'm going to miss my toothbrush, satsuma and chocolate coins :cry:

Aww Floops :cry: Why not still do it but scale it down and just have your satsuma, coins and toothbrush. Make it a private family tradition between you and cockers.
19-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Christmas Stockings!
We compromise - wrap some - keep others unwrapped. My sons (17 and 20) ar still getting stockings this year! Maybe I should drop hints that Mum & Dad should have stockings too

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
20-12-2005, 01:26 AM
Christmas Stockings!
We all get stockings. Hubby made them way back and we've added the boys as they came along. Usually it's fruit and candy and little things we put in them. We don't wrap the stuff though. Hubby and I try our best to make sure we do them after the boy's have gone to bed. Logan is 16 and then some but Spence is only 7 so everyone gets a stocking, because he still believes and I guess we'll keep on indefinitely b/c it's something I really didn't have as a child and have treasured SO MUCH with my children.:wub:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
20-12-2005, 08:52 AM
Christmas Stockings!
Both mine have stockings and we wrap the pressies, along with some chocolate coins, satsumas, nuts and other sweets. They just love them and go straight there before the big presents are opened. Big Grin

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happy Christmas Saedhb 4 2,278 24-12-2009 02:23 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Christmas cupcakes jeryruse 2 1,680 17-12-2009 05:44 PM
Last Post: Mars
  Christmas spinach filo torte jeryruse 1 1,578 17-12-2009 12:59 PM
Last Post: jeryruse
  Tired of Christmas yet? karenh 8 2,706 28-12-2008 10:45 AM
Last Post: Buzz
  Merry Christmas Bonsai 8 2,632 27-12-2008 04:48 PM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Christmas Parties Slipper 18 4,491 12-12-2008 01:45 PM
Last Post: Slipper
  A Christmas wish for you all! ~ils~ 11 3,737 02-01-2008 07:23 PM
Last Post: Tigereye
  The Christmas Rat Rob 1 1,562 11-12-2007 07:16 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Record your first sighting of domestic Christmas decorations here! Dolores 58 5,735 27-05-2007 05:23 AM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Merry Christmas..ho Ho Ho! Coastie 9 2,340 26-12-2006 12:19 AM
Last Post: secrets