Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas balls.
19-11-2004, 12:29 AM
Christmas balls.

I got mine out the other day, in preparation for the festivities.
And you know they looked kind of jaded.
I was thinking of ways to make them more appealing, perhaps if i tied ribbons around them, of painted them in bright colours and laquered them?
Glitter perhaps?
I don't know.
Anyone got any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2004, 07:22 AM
Christmas balls.
Maybe you could sand them down then heavily cover in a plain matt varnish. Pop in the oven for 10 minutes and

HEY PRESTO.

You will have oldy worldy balls!!

PS You get your balls out early!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-11-2004, 08:58 AM
Christmas balls.
We use the same tatty old ones year after year its called character. Our lights outside go up this weekend!!! And the decs which are always paper chains are being made. I stick em and staple them and we make a big lacy lacy web over the ceiling. Cards ar in the hall way on lines. Windows are painted with festive and nativity pics. Our tree will be a real one again in the hall way it might have a fence round it as we have a little boy who is into everything and No only means no if no one is looking! We will string some popcorn for our tree all in all I don't think the christmas tree baubles are very important to us...But Aldi have some great ones in stock and less than a fiver will get new replacements or get the kinders on a craft afternoon with water balloons paper and pva glue and hey presto home made balls the best type.
Why is this in the debate forum? It is such a festive fun thread about christmas decs.
I like Christmas prep
19-11-2004, 09:03 AM
Christmas balls.
And like magic it was moved to the coffee lounge Smile

I love Christmas Baubles, the majority of mine are silver & lilac, and I also have a few Disney ones that I bought in Paris a couple of years ago!
19-11-2004, 11:50 PM
Christmas balls.
Surreal stuff. Excellent.
20-11-2004, 07:20 AM
Christmas balls.
Good idea re paper mache balls, might have a crafty christmas afternoon with the boys and make some of those. They do look nice.

On the subject of tree's which are the best real ones and how do you stand them. I stood the previous two in a big bucket with bricks, the first tree was lovely and stayed healthy all thru, last years was very sad looking by boxing day. I watered neither. Any suggestions?

Smile
20-11-2004, 02:56 PM
Christmas balls.
I grew up with a fake tree that looked like staggered bottle cleaners and we loved it like an old friend. We have an artificial tree and it looks great. The children love the excitement of getting it out the box and putting it together etc. We had a real one as well last year we are sticking with ol faithful this year it like our decs all part of the ritual...if you do go artificial choose carefully as it will become a treasured item and be proud, many at the school gate have unpleasant comments to make about them.
20-11-2004, 04:41 PM
Christmas balls.
Cat Wrote:Good idea re paper mache balls, might have a crafty christmas afternoon with the boys and make some of those. They do look nice.

On the subject of tree's which are the best real ones and how do you stand them. I stood the previous two in a big bucket with bricks, the first tree was lovely and stayed healthy all thru, last years was very sad looking by boxing day. I watered neither. Any suggestions?

Smile

Lol Cat you have to water them.
They can, even cut, take up to a gallon of water a day.
There are many different stands with water reservoirs you can buy, ie this one:
[Image: 2_1_98003.jpg]

http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/trees/treecare.html
20-11-2004, 05:33 PM
Christmas balls.
Yes, I think I will have to invest in one of those this year. We must have just been luck the first year...it was still healthy at the end of Jan, where it had been proped up round the back!!

I love buying the tree, we walk down to the local Hardware store and the boys carry it home.

We could have a competition here!! :boxing:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happy Christmas Saedhb 4 1,675 24-12-2009 02:23 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Christmas cupcakes jeryruse 2 1,261 17-12-2009 05:44 PM
Last Post: Mars
  Christmas spinach filo torte jeryruse 1 1,232 17-12-2009 12:59 PM
Last Post: jeryruse
  Tired of Christmas yet? karenh 8 2,006 28-12-2008 10:45 AM
Last Post: Buzz
  Merry Christmas Bonsai 8 1,970 27-12-2008 04:48 PM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Christmas Parties Slipper 18 3,282 12-12-2008 01:45 PM
Last Post: Slipper
  A Christmas wish for you all! ~ils~ 11 2,746 02-01-2008 07:23 PM
Last Post: Tigereye
  The Christmas Rat Rob 1 1,313 11-12-2007 07:16 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Record your first sighting of domestic Christmas decorations here! Dolores 58 4,420 27-05-2007 05:23 AM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Merry Christmas..ho Ho Ho! Coastie 9 1,620 26-12-2006 12:19 AM
Last Post: secrets