Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas shopping experiences (sorry SF)
19-12-2006, 09:38 AM

I went to Lakeside last night and was amazed how easy it was to park the car and at the lack of queues in the shops. I was in and out of there pretty easy. I had to go buy bedsheets and duvet covers of all things, and was dreading it, but needed to do it, but was out of there in 45 minutes. I did go into Debenhams and buy a couple of bras that cost an astonishing £45. I about did a u-turn, but thought I'd give them a try. They better fit!:laugh: I'll be going into Romford this week though to finish. I love going there at Christmas and walking around the market in the cold with all the atmosphere, it's great. I have to buy my best friend a present and have no idea what to buy her, so if anyone has any ideas, they would be most welcome. Jewellery and CDs are out BTW.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2006, 09:47 AM
From what i heard on the radio last night, people arent spending as much this Christmas ... which could be why the queues werent there ???

My shopping has mainly been done online. Everything for Mr.B has been bought online, and a few other bits and bobs.

I went into Woolworths yesterday in the village to get some chocs for Mr.B's family (we are seeing them on Sat) and there wasnt a queue at all. I was shocked. I thought i would spend my whole lunch hour standing in line !!

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
19-12-2006, 10:36 AM
They did say on TV that online shopping was the way a lot of people are going this year. It certainly beats wandering round the shops in the cold and a lot of the stuff can be got cheaper.
19-12-2006, 11:38 AM
I went online to order an Amazon gift voucher to send to someone for Christmas, and guess what, they won't send them between 21 Dec and 3 Jan. What the ...

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
19-12-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm afraid, I like the thrill of going to the shops.

Mine is almost done now.

MAUREEN
NORTHERN ANGEL

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
19-12-2006, 04:23 PM
I like going round the shops to choose presents but I very rarely buy them in the shops as I can usually get them cheaper online
19-12-2006, 06:41 PM
I hate shopping for others because I can't think of what they want. I hate those who say 'I don't know' because I don't know myself. arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I hate christmas.
19-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Well I've done all my shopping and haven't even gone overdrawn! When I get my wages on Friday I wont be blowing them on a mad rush for presents and spending too much.

Why do people look at you as though you are from another planet when you say you are all ready for Christmas - is it a crime to be organised? is it more daring and sexy to be unorganised and so selfish that you are going to rush out two days before Christmas to buy all your presents, cos quite frankly you couldn't be arsed to think of anyone except yourself until the eleventh hour?!? that's what I'd like to know!
19-12-2006, 10:30 PM
40 mins to find a parking space :glare:

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
19-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Dolores Wrote:Well I've done all my shopping and haven't even gone overdrawn! When I get my wages on Friday I wont be blowing them on a mad rush for presents and spending too much.

Why do people look at you as though you are from another planet when you say you are all ready for Christmas - is it a crime to be organised? is it more daring and sexy to be unorganised and so selfish that you are going to rush out two days before Christmas to buy all your presents, cos quite frankly you couldn't be arsed to think of anyone except yourself until the eleventh hour?!? that's what I'd like to know!

Well I've done all mine now Dol and all on a budget too Big Grin I don't think I've spent more than a tenner on any of them this year. Well, we bought a car so we were broke and anyway the kids won't even remember what anyone bought them a couple of days after Christmas.

I'm usually the disorganised one who rushes out at the last minute but it's not cos I think it's cool to be like that. I don't look down on people that can get their heads round it early on - I admire them and feel inadequate for being like I am. I'm usually hanging on for people to let me know what the kids want or already have but this year I've just gone for it and if they've already got it or didn't want it then "tough" Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happy Christmas Saedhb 4 1,642 24-12-2009 02:23 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Christmas cupcakes jeryruse 2 1,243 17-12-2009 05:44 PM
Last Post: Mars
  Christmas spinach filo torte jeryruse 1 1,219 17-12-2009 12:59 PM
Last Post: jeryruse
  Tired of Christmas yet? karenh 8 1,978 28-12-2008 10:45 AM
Last Post: Buzz
  Merry Christmas Bonsai 8 1,937 27-12-2008 04:48 PM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Christmas Parties Slipper 18 3,241 12-12-2008 01:45 PM
Last Post: Slipper
  A Christmas wish for you all! ~ils~ 11 2,702 02-01-2008 07:23 PM
Last Post: Tigereye
  The Christmas Rat Rob 1 1,303 11-12-2007 07:16 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Record your first sighting of domestic Christmas decorations here! Dolores 58 4,310 27-05-2007 05:23 AM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Merry Christmas..ho Ho Ho! Coastie 9 1,595 26-12-2006 12:19 AM
Last Post: secrets