Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas tv this year!!
01-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Christmas tv this year!!

Very disapointed this year i usually look forward to gettin comfy on the sofa at christmas and watching all the goodies try and drown out the older generations moans about the old days etc, but this year found it really naff!? found myself watching the 100 greatest moments of 2004 woopdie doo!
anyone else agree? even on sky whne there is usually something half decent to watch somewhere the wasnt.

Sammy xx :wave:xx
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2005, 05:51 PM
Christmas tv this year!!
I watched a few films over the december period but not much else really except the occasional episode of Corrie, Eastenders and Friends - otherwise there was nothing exciting on at all.

As I was round my parents over Christmas I did have to sit through a Miss Marple and a Midsommer Murders - both of which were absolute dross - and made me realise why I never watch them! what a waste of two hours a piece. Fortunately my mother taped The BIll and Casualty so I didn't have to sit through them - otherwise I think I may have slashed my wrists!

I have to admit I do rather like news programmes so i do watch the news whenever I can - but it's been very very depressing with the Tsunami and has made me cry a lot.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Christmas tv this year!!
Dolores Wrote:I have to admit I do rather like news programmes so i do watch the news whenever I can - but it's been very very depressing with the Tsunami and has made me cry a lot.

I put Sky News on about 11pm last night and it really dampened my New Year's celebration. I found it hard to get into it. But the TV this year for Christmas has been really bad.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
01-01-2005, 06:56 PM
Christmas tv this year!!
It was pants.....big baggy poo pants so full they drop to your knees....nothing but old films and repeats! I only taped one film the whole time....'My Fair Lady' simply because my old copy got lost somewhere...... :sad:

The only highlight was 'The Vicar of Dibley' and that wasn't much of one! Huh

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
01-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Christmas tv this year!!
Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish.

I did watch Harry Potter but I've seen it before.
I think the problem is that nowadays everyone has seen the big "first tv showing" film in either the cinema's or on DVD. The films come out on DVD so quick now. When I was a kid, it took ages for films to come out on video, although we are talking the big old breize block size betamax video players:blink:
So nobody had seen the "big movie premiere" back then and everyone was glued to the set.

And even the TV programmes were rubbish. Vicar of Dibley was ok, but not as good as usual. And yesterday on itv there was absolutely loads of repeats.

What can I say, good job I've got my computer.

Edited to add, hiya Sammy, haven't seen you around for a while, hope you had a good Xmas. I didn't recognise you at first, what with your name and avatar change.
01-01-2005, 11:53 PM
Christmas tv this year!!
I agree Andrea - it has been Rubbish...

The only thing I have really bothered to watch is Corrie and that is on all year!!!

Good to see you again Sammy Smile
02-01-2005, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2005 06:04 PM by Sammy.)
Christmas tv this year!!
:laugh: hey people yep i changed my name and my piccy being as the IAC thing is over dont wanna be rubbing joe in ya faces lol, i like to pop on now and again when i get the chance my other half seems to hog the pc and im often out either working,dj'ing or paranormal stuff busy busy busy,had a ok xmas bank account feeling the strain now tho eek!

hope ur all well speak soon!

Andrea your avatar is that the canaries, norwich city by any chance? are u from that way? just wondering because i used to live in norfolk moved here a few months ago and miss it soo much!

02-01-2005, 07:29 PM
Christmas tv this year!!
Did anyone see the Vicar Of Dibley last night. I only caught the end 10 minutes but thought it was quite a cheap shot using the african appeal thing at the end. People tune into this sort of programme for 'light entertainment' and not to be presented with appeals. Whilst I wholeheartdly agree that aid is needed I did not think this was the time to do it.

Am I horrible?? :unsure:
02-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Christmas tv this year!!
no i agree, it was a bit in your face being as we gto a lot of that tsunami stuff on as well, bit cheesey i think,not saying its not for a good cause but there's a time and a place.

03-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Christmas tv this year!!
sammy - hi btw - I couldn't agree more tv was utter dross this year - 'cepting Corrie. I don't think I have watched a film all the way through, I haven't looked forward to anything and nothing has been worth taping.

The only thing I have watched constantly is the tv coverage of the tsunami disaster - and this has been scarily religious. So a very sad Xmas veiwing really.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Worst Christmas Advert Punkyfish 34 3,362 17-01-2007 09:12 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Fav Christmas Advert Bella 16 2,156 11-01-2007 02:15 PM
Last Post: Punkyfish
  The Worse Christmas of My Life Seabreeze 5 943 30-12-2006 06:17 AM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  X Factor - One Year On. ~ils~ 11 1,998 15-08-2006 11:12 AM
Last Post: Tigereye