Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning help needed- cat hairs wicker
11-05-2006, 05:48 PM

Please help me if you can!!!!
I got a brilliant travel system on free cycle theother day, it was exactly the one i was going to buy and ad said in excellent condition so thought too good to be true and snaped it up.
However when I went to collect it it became obvious that it was too good to be true as their home and therfore pushchair stinks of smoke and mouldy nicotin and the whole thing was covered in cat hairs :shocking:
I can see how they couldn't sell it
Anyway I've decided after lugging it home that I can't have my babe in this even if I do get it looking good as new, so what I am going to do is get it as clean and fresh as I can and sell it. I know it's not really the idea of free cycle but if I put the work in I should get the reward and I still need a travel system.
It really is in mint condition apart from the cat hairs and smell, so can anyone please advise me the best way to get rid of the cat hairs as my dyson isn't shifting them. Also I need to wash all the covers but not sure if it can be washed in the machine, would anyone be able to advise

And completely unrelated I have a moses basket given to me by my sis and its in good condition but I would still lke to clean it so what do you use for cleaning wicker?

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2006, 06:56 PM
maybe you could wash the covers by hand? you could also use a toothbrush dipped in a mild disinfectant and scrub off those cats hairs?

Good Luck.

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]
Find all posts by this user
11-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Tumbler drier is good for removing hairs. Or one of those sticky roller things - you can get them in most supermarkets, usually hanging up next to the odds and sods needles and thread bit.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
12-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Most baby carrier type thingies are machine washable, cos babies do get awfully gooey :nerd:

Remove the covers and check the label for washing instructions.

Cat hairs work best with simple old sellotape - it takes a while though. Remove as much as you can with a damp cloth, allow to dry then go for it with the sticky stuff.

For wicker, I'd use a mild soapy washing-up liquid solution then allow to dry thoroughly in the sunshine. :fireman:

Bollox to potplants
12-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the tips
If a dry weekend I aim to take this smelly thing outside and give a good rubbing down with a damp cloth and then I have some volunteer helpers coming armed with tape :thumbsup:
Fee don't know what you mean by sticky roller thingies but I'll have a look in morrisons tomorrow :bye:
Just bought new toothbrushed for me and Mr B so I have two going spare so will try your tip Bridge- thanks!

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
12-05-2006, 08:33 PM
One of these Bob

[Image: Lint_Roller.jpg]

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
12-05-2006, 09:26 PM
OOooh Fee something new to try :photo: I bet woolies sell them

13-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Bob, I was gonna say the same as Floopy. Most covers for baby prams and pushchairs are machine washable nowadays. But the sellotape sounds like a good idea.

As for the moses basket, how about using a steam cleaner on it. I don't know what else would clean wicker up.
Although if you are anything like I was, the baby spent half the night on me, after feeding it and falling to sleep together with him lying on me. Treasured moments they are.

I know everyone says this, but Bob, they really do grow up before you know it. (and I know you haven't even had the little one yet!) Remember the little things that make you feel special together with your family.

[Image: 429.gif]
16-05-2006, 07:20 PM
VFee I bought one of those rollers fond it in morissons called a lint roller but it wasn't obvius from the name or on the packaging what it was Huh
Anyway it's great.
The person who I got the stuff from e mailed me to say he's found the instructions and is going to post to me so hopefully there will be some washing instructions in. I already washed one of the covers and its got a bit bobbly.
the plastic rain covers are proving very difficult to de- fumigate. filled trhe bath and washed them in soap and stuck them out all day but still stink of tobacco. Not sure what else I can do.
Andrea the moses basket isn't bad at all and certainly doesn't smell but I thought seing as I was washing all the covers it would be nice to clean this up too.
I hope to make it very appealing to the baby as I want my sleep too!

16-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Wow Bob, just reading your little baby ticker and your just about half way there:yahoo:

[Image: 429.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Chocolate Fountain - Help Needed! Bella 6 1,238 16-11-2006 04:09 PM
Last Post: Bonsai
  PS2 repair help needed....... Patsy 6 1,107 27-05-2006 05:54 PM
Last Post: survivorfan
  Advice needed. bridge 21 2,414 24-05-2006 11:35 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  Advice Needed Bella 33 3,574 29-01-2006 03:09 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Word Document Help Needed! Bella 9 1,533 06-10-2005 06:55 AM
Last Post: JakeyBoy
  Advice needed from peeps on the South Coast! Bella 24 3,125 06-08-2005 07:07 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Computer help needed! Bella 4 1,030 03-08-2005 03:36 PM
Last Post: Bella
  Help Needed Bonsai 12 1,721 15-07-2005 10:19 AM
Last Post: Groucho
  Some sound advice needed Bella 11 1,583 02-06-2005 03:42 PM
Last Post: Bella
  Cleaning is great - What makes you lose it? Becks 30 2,543 23-05-2005 06:28 PM
Last Post: mazwad