Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clothing Sizes
13-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Clothing Sizes

Am i alone in getting peed off with the sizing of womens clothing ?

I really wish they would have a universal size, so that trousers in a size 16 are so many inches on the waist, bum etc ....

I only have a Peacocks in Woodbridge so my clothing stores are limited, but im trying to buy a few bits and pieces for my trip to London. I went in their the other day and bought a pair of 3/4 length combat trousers. I got them home, and although i could (just) pull them on, they wouldnt do up.

So they went back to the shop.

Went in their this lunchtime and i thought instead of trousers (which are hard to buy for me at the best of times) i would get a skirt instead. So i picked up a lovely skirt - same size as the trousers and it falls off me. I will have to go back for a smaller size.

It drives me bananas.

Does anyone else get frustrated ??

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Clothing Sizes
I know what you mean, Bons, but I think the problem is not that the clothes are different sizes, but people are different shapes.

I'm all bum and leg, but smaller from the waist up, so regular sizes don't fit me properly. They're either too big on the waist or too small on the hips/legs.

You tend to get to know which shops' clothes fit which bits of you best.
Find all posts by this user
13-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Clothing Sizes
Patsy Wrote:You tend to get to know which shops' clothes fit which bits of you best.

But these were from the same shop. Surely the waists should of been the same size ?

Im have an hour glass figure. I have a small waist, but a big bum and big boobs. I tend now to stick with A-line skirts as they have smaller waists (although they can / do make my ar*se look even bigger) and T-shirts as blouses dont fit unless i get size 22 to cover my boobs.

13-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Clothing Sizes
Bonsai Wrote:But these were from the same shop. Surely the waists should of been the same size ?

You would have thought so, yes. It must be very frustrating if you don't have much choice locally.

Moral of the story. Try before you buy. :thumbsup:
13-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Clothing Sizes
Patsy Wrote:Moral of the story. Try before you buy. :thumbsup:

Hmmmm, luckily the shop it only up the road so it isnt too tragic. But this poxy shop has one ..... yes i said one ....... changing room, and in a lunch hour there can be about 7 people waiting.

13-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Clothing Sizes
I went to Asda the other day and bought 2 pairs of jeans and a few t-shirts. One pair of jeans is a great fit and the other I can`t even fasten. 2 t-shirts are great but the other one is far too baggy. :wallbash:
13-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Clothing Sizes
I have never tried Asda clothing Seabreeze, but i have had a few bits and bobs from tesco ... and i really like them. I bought a couple of summer skirts and a few work tops from Tesco and they fitted brilliantly.

13-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Clothing Sizes
I`ve bought a few things from Tescos and they have been good and fitted well but if I had to choose between them I think I would go for Asda. In our main shopping town they have a shop just with George (Asda) clothing in so there is always a good choice and like Tescos the prices are great.
13-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Clothing Sizes
I know the feeling and it's not just women's clothing, it's kids too! My daughter is really skinny but has very long legs...........she will be SO next top model.........so all the jeans that fit her length are too big around the waist and the ones that fit her waist are not long enough!

I range from a 6 to 10 depending on what store I shop in, but I find trousers the biggest nightmare and they seem to think that we all have extremely long legs!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
13-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Clothing Sizes
Have you tried Barbie's clothes, Bella? She's about your size, isn't she?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Clothing you'd rather forget you ever wore!! claire 36 2,717 08-03-2005 08:37 PM
Last Post: Dolores