Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Trip
16-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Coach Trip

Do you remember 'Come Dine With Me'?

Well it has been replaced by the hilarious Coach Trip - is anyone else glued??

I am it is another reality type programme, that involves surprisingly a Coach Trip - round Europe - a 30 day jobby!!

There are 7 couples at most times, who go round Europe - every 'day' they get to vote for the least liked couple, who then leave and then are replaced by another couple.

The diversity of folk is wonderful and quite hilarious.

I am quite liking Pasquale and Joe, surprisingly I quite like Bob and Marion. Bob is the sort of man I cannot stand in RL - but he is such a canny bod, who tries so hard to get on with everybody - he is a likeable and funny yorkshir' bloke.

Am I alone in my tea-time telly obsessions??

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Coach Trip
Flip Wrote:Am I alone in my tea-time telly obsessions??

No!!!! Although I missed the end tonight, anyone get voted off or who got the yellow cards?

Yes, the diversity is brilliant, who are the other couple, Phil, and I forgot his wife's name. They are the sort of people who holiday in Benidorm or Magalf every year. I can imagine Phil with his knotted hankie and his white socks with sandals.

What about the old guy who was on, who was so obvious homophobic and it was probably more to do with his generation but when he came out with things like "I didn't go and fight in the wars so that queers could have a life!!" and then turns run and says he was not homophonic and that he has plenty of friends who are queers, don't you just love folk, there ain't nowt stranger!

Tell you what though, I would loved to have been on this trip, going to Salzburg and doing the Sound of Music thingy, I was dead jealous! :ninja:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
16-03-2005, 08:36 PM
Coach Trip
Bella Wrote:No!!!! Although I missed the end tonight, anyone get voted off or who got the yellow cards?

Tell you what though, I would loved to have been on this trip, going to Salzburg and doing the Sound of Music thingy, I was dead jealous! :ninja:

Yeah Bella - the big bird Steph and her mate got voted off - well nice as they were, the big girl could not hack the pace, wouldn't go on the ferris wheel and was so slow and could not keep up with the rest of the group. I think the others were just a bit fed up with her, although her mate was up for it - they go in couples - don't they?

And I have always baulked at the idea of a coach trip - having done 40 hours to Spain in my youth [arghhhhhhhh] - but this looks a laugh and like you say the places they visit are stupendous - and ALL FREE you know!!!!

16-03-2005, 10:45 PM
Coach Trip
Flip Wrote:Am I alone in my tea-time telly obsessions??

OOOh I'm so glad you started this one Flip. I have been glued to it since day 1 but thought I was probably the only one. I love the concept and have enjoyed the various characters. I missed it today though, was at hairdressers. I'm not sure how I feel about the big one going. She did seem to find it hard, though. The old guy with the politically incorrect views was funny wasn't he.

I can't seem to take to Pasquale, he's such a bitch Smile

This is the program, though, that I was having a moan about where you get so much of "coming up after the break" and "before the break we saw...". Not much actual program time.
17-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Coach Trip
Oooh, I should have known you would be a fan, Critique!! Smile The old boy was funny, I actually felt a bit sorry for him. It was so obvious a generation thing with him, as he did have a problem with "queers" as he kept calling them!! Big Grin

Flip, to be honest I don't think I could actually do the coach trip. I went on a school coach trip to The South of France and it took us 3 days to get there!! However, some of the places they have visited have looked really good!

I'll probably miss today's as we have Katie's Parent consultation at 4pm. At least I have you two girls to fill me in! Smile

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
17-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Coach Trip
Bella Wrote:I'll probably miss today's as we have Katie's Parent consultation at 4pm. At least I have you two girls to fill me in! Smile

Critique - we are relying on you here - I was nattering on the phone for 48 mins during coach trip and so missed it, what the newbies like and who got voted 'off' or 'yellow carded'???

18-03-2005, 05:38 PM
Coach Trip
Flip Wrote:Critique - we are relying on you here - I was nattering on the phone for 48 mins during coach trip and so missed it, what the newbies like and who got voted 'off' or 'yellow carded'???

Oh booo hooo, sob, sob! I've let you down because yesterday I was having my birthday treat day out and today I just got completely side-tracked and missed it. Grrrrrr! Doesn't it make you mad when you just plain forget. So that's 3 I have missed now. I don't suppose I shall see it next week cos we will be in Ireland. Don't know if they have it there and even if they do we will probably be sight-seeing.

They would think I was a right old vegetable if I insisted on being back in time for Coach Trip - lol. I bet it's all finished by the time I get back. I will be relying on you gals to let me know who won, whether it was any of the originals or who?

Oh well, just have to see what they bring on next eh? Maybe Come Dine with Me will be back :thumbsup:
18-03-2005, 06:30 PM
Coach Trip
Critique Wrote:I don't suppose I shall see it next week cos we will be in Ireland. Don't know if they have it there and even if they do we will probably be sight-seeing.

Oh well, just have to see what they bring on next eh? Maybe Come Dine with Me will be back :thumbsup:

No, Critique you are in luck [on two counts one being in Ireland for a week] t'other is that the coach trip is 30 days long and they have only completed 9 days so far.

The two new couples - just a quick catch up - are two older ladies from the North East, and two youngish men [who are pants].

Bob and Marion have a yellow card as do the two older ladies. The highlight for me is Pasquale who has it in for Sally .. I can't fathom out why [although she is a right royal pain in the proverbial]. But he is so camp and vicious it is hilarious!!!

18-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Coach Trip
Flip I caught the end of this tonight, but didn't know what it was or what it was called but I'm guessing this is it.
What an ungrateful couple they had on there. They wwent to Slovenia and one man wouldn't eat anythng put infront of him and when the chef specially made him some soup he turned his nose up, and they went to see a horse show and didn't like that either.
Don't know enough to comment further!

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
18-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Coach Trip
Oh Goooodeeee! Smile Thanks for the catch-up Flip. I shall be relying on you to bring me up to date when I get back :wink2:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Coach Trip is Back.....YIPEEE! Cat 13 2,960 16-06-2006 05:51 PM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Coach Trip Seabreeze 3 1,188 21-04-2006 08:37 PM
Last Post: Critique