Coastie goes to NO. 10

So how did it go?

Don't leave us all in suspence, tell us all the sordid details :blink: :laugh:
Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2004, 12:18 PM
Coastie goes to NO. 10
ilovesurvivor Wrote:So how did it go?

Don't leave us all in suspence, tell us all the sordid details :blink: :laugh:
I never knew that was the house number of the pub we go to Coastie?!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-12-2004, 12:25 PM
Coastie goes to NO. 10
Coastie met Tony Blair Huh

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
16-12-2004, 01:38 PM
Coastie goes to NO. 10
Okay......

13th December 2004

1805 - Coastie, in full dress uniform with big brass buttons on the ends of her boobs, joins a line of excitable emergency services personal, at the gates of Downing Street.

The line shuffles along as the security checks are made and then whoosh...Coastie is through the gate and into Downing Street....to join another queue to go through the big 'airline' security check machine. Using her hat as a basket all belongings are whizzed through the machine and Coastie steps through the metal detector, popping out the otherside and back through a door and onto Downing Street once more.

1830 - She wanders wide eyed upto the door of number 10 as numerous others from a big group of peeps haggle the official photographer. Coastie knocks the door and a very nice chap in uniform lets her through the door....eeek!

Inside she leaves her jacket, personal belongings and hat with a lovely old lady at the cloack room before continuing up the corridor to receive her 'official' name tag.

Coastie is then directed up some stairs and into an amazing room. It has the most humungous chandelier dangling from the ceiling and has the feel of a Bronte novel. Coastie grabs a glass of orange juice and scans the room for one of her own...seeing none she joins up with a bunch of RSPCA inspectors and chats merrily away. After a few minutes she sees a elderly lady in a Salvation Army uniform alone by a pillar....she too is looking for her kind...and failing. The two unique uniformed types unite and natter away.

Eventually the rest of Coasties contingent arrive. Chatter follows and then Cherie Blair breezes in and shakes numerous hands (including mine) and spends a few moments talking to individuals as she works the room.

Thump...Thump...Thump....Tony is in da house....he says a wee speech, basically saying thank-you for all we do and then has a few pictures taken with some of those present. Unable to get close enough without force Coastie takes Tony up on the offer of seeing the state rooms. She continues to feel like she has stepped onto the set of a period drama as she gazes upon paintings and massess of silver and other gifts from other ministers.

David Blunket breezes in and takes the dog for a walk around the masses, stopping and chatting and moving on. John Prescott (I missed him, don't know how) also makes an appearance along with a couple of other MP's I know by face but not by name.

Coastie chats with a very nice Traffic Cop before having her photo taken by the Christmas tree, twice (once I have confirmation that they are on display I'll let you know where you can view them)...she missed out on the 'team' one by the fire place as she was bonding with a guy from the fire service (mmmm yummy).....

Nibbles and drink flow and pass by constantly and after a couple of hours it's time to leave...so we do...and a gaggle of Coasties mingle around the front of number 10 snapping pictures and bonding with the cop at the door. We were the last to leave....typical of our breed!

It was a wonderful experience and I am still in shock that I was pulled out of the hat to go!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
16-12-2004, 02:37 PM
Coastie goes to NO. 10
It sounds wonderful Coastie .... especially the bonding with the fire service bloke :laugh:

16-12-2004, 02:38 PM
Coastie goes to NO. 10
Well done Coastie, glad you had a good time.
I take it you were there before Blunkett had resigned then, he didn't have a p45 in his pocket did he:laugh:

When I first started reading your thread, I read "1805" and I thought you'd slipped into your writing mode and was explaining it all as though you'd travelled back in timeRolleyes
16-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Coastie goes to NO. 10
Bonsai Wrote:It sounds wonderful Coastie .... especially the bonding with the fire service bloke :laugh:

One word Bonnie.....

PHWOOOOAR!

Andrea...the inside of No.10 did make me feel as though I had stepped back in time...it was antiques, chandeliers and pillars everwhere! :blink:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
16-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Coastie goes to NO. 10
On the telly No.10 always looks like a tiny terraced house to me. It must stretch back for miles :laugh:

16-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Coastie goes to NO. 10
It is seriously like a tardis......it takes up No.9 as well and seems to go back forever....it's also a little wonky....I pointed this out to the duty PC (very cute) who we harrassed on departure...he said it's because the old foundations are giving slightly as the new windows and reinforcements are too heavy.....I said my dad could come round and do a spot of under pinning if he wanted but haven't had the final request yet! :laugh:

16-12-2004, 03:40 PM
Coastie goes to NO. 10
It sounds like you had a great time [Image: party05.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  message for Coastie.... Dolores 13 3,728 02-09-2008 07:37 AM
Last Post: Dolores
  Happy Birthday Coastie! Dolores 21 2,691 27-11-2006 09:23 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Coastie - Lookee here Critique 4 1,066 01-09-2006 11:17 AM
Last Post: Critique
  Bon Voyage Coastie... Aondeag 17 2,058 29-04-2006 04:51 PM
Last Post: bridge
  Happy Birthday Coastie 18th November Patsy 23 2,800 26-11-2005 01:25 PM
  what increases the potency of a coastie love puff? tonee 8 1,616 15-07-2005 08:20 PM
Last Post: tonee
  When Coastie met Tom Cruise..... Coastie 10 1,540 29-06-2005 07:43 PM
  Help Coastie chose an Avatar! Coastie 27 3,109 01-04-2005 04:41 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  Coastie! Kittencat 9 1,964 01-12-2004 03:04 PM
  Happy Birthday Coastie! ils 21 2,377 22-11-2004 03:38 PM