Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coasties big adventure revealed!
20-07-2005, 09:34 AM

It was 0700 on Saturday the 16th July and Coastie thanking her early relief shot home to change into her adventure garb.....

Strapping her pack to her back she stomped the mile or so to the ferry, crossed the harbour and boarded the train to Southampton at 0815....A quick change at Southampton she arrived, only mildly tired having not slept in 21hrs, in Bournemouth at 1005.

She wandered outside and crossed over the taxi rank to find a young man looking slightly lost. Knowing she would be sharing a taxi for the next part of her journey Coastie guessed this would be her travelling companion and introduced herself. She was right and so the pair clambered into the pre-booked taxi and headed for Wareham, near Swanage and a truely grand adventure!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2005, 09:42 AM
Sounds like an AWFULLY big Adventure!
Tell us more..tell us more!
Find all posts by this user
20-07-2005, 09:44 AM
Coastie Wrote:a young man looking slightly lost. Knowing she would be sharing a taxi for the next part of her journey Coastie guessed this would be her travelling companion and introduced herself. She was right and so the pair clambered into the pre-booked taxi!

Tart - but tell us more anyway :w00t:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
20-07-2005, 09:45 AM
This is exciting - I can't wait for the next instalment!
20-07-2005, 09:48 AM
1100 and Coastie with young man in tow arrive at the outdoor activity centre which was to be thier home for the weekend....along with 8 other people! :w00t: Seven others were already there gassing away and getting to know each other, it didn't take Coastie long to commence chatter.

The final member of the team arrived and the strangers departed for their first challenge of the day....bum wrestling!

The rules:

Draw a circle in the dirt big enough to hold two people comfortably with around 2ft extra all round.

Both participants step into the circle almost toe to toe and attempt to scare the other off with a war cry.

If the war cry fails the combatants turn around, place their hands on their knees and then attempt to push their apponent out of the ring using only their bum.

If the hands come off the knees they are disqualified.

Naturally with her huge butt Coastie won her two bouts (although later on in the weekend she would meet her match!)....

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
20-07-2005, 09:51 AM
Laff!
More! More!
20-07-2005, 09:58 AM
Having succesfully survived the joy of bum wrestling it was onto our next challenged...

Clad in hard hat and harness we all mounted a small yet very low block and had to swing across to a similar sized block the other side without touching the floor.

First challenge...get the rope!

Using the two tallest and gangliest amongst us and the biggest as the anchorafter two attempts (and a slight inward movement of the block) we had the rope in a grasp. Tarzan would have stood proud as he witnessed the natural finesse of a group of semi-agile swingers launch themselves one by one across the gap of doom. One person crash landed and grazed his hand, another tapped a foot on the ground and had to repeat the swing (er that would be me then) and still others swung and won or on occasiona failed, but eventually we had made it. Hugging each other close as we balanced on our island in the mud we had indeed become a team that trusted each other and in the face of adversity we could overcome.

20-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Goodness me, Coastie. Have you joined some bizarre cult? Bum wrestling?? :ohmy:

Do tell us more. :w00t:
20-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Well...the 10 little indians were then led through the trees to the sound of - 'They are doing the twin trapeze!' - Naturally Coastie was very excited as she belived this was her oportunity to do the one high ropes thing she had yet to do as each time she was due to do it it was broken the day before. Sure enough as the entered a clearing before them stood a 35ft telegraph pole with a 3ft plank on the top. About two arm lengths from the platform (plank) at the top was a trapeze. The desire to don lycra was resisted as the team adopted their positions.

The first two scaled the pole attached to a belay line (safety line) attached and one even had Coastie as the anchor at the end of the line..eek!

20-07-2005, 02:30 PM
OH wow!
And then what happened....did you survive?
:ohmy:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Coasties Boobies Slipper 15 2,046 10-04-2007 08:51 PM
Last Post: msgirl