Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Colour perception.
Nice one secrets :cool2:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Colour perception.
This reminds me a bit of a Tv programme I saw years ago about an american named Land (he invented the Polaroid camera) and his experiments with colour - I remember one wher he was showing how colour is affected by surrounding colours, and having masked out squares in a projected colour grid, showed how you could predict what the missing colour would be based on the surrounding colours.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
16-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Colour perception.
Illusion 1 is impressive; illusion 2 less so. But illusion 3 is a bit of a fraud, I'm afraid. I've compared a highly blown-up version of the centre pieces of both objects, and they are in fact different colours. The right hand piece has more yellow components on a pixel-by-pixel comparison.

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
16-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Colour perception.
Blink Wrote:illusion 3 is a bit of a fraud, I'm afraid. I've compared a highly blown-up version of the centre pieces of both objects, and they are in fact different colours. The right hand piece has more yellow components on a pixel-by-pixel comparison.

Nevertheless, with the mask on they look the same.

16-08-2005, 01:17 PM
Colour perception.
I thought the one on the right looked yellower even with the mask on...

But this does intriguingly link into our discussions about colour. It is extremely irksome that this seems to support your view. Tongue

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
16-08-2005, 01:22 PM
Colour perception.
Having looked again at illusion 3, I must definitely call into question the existence of "yellow" and ergo "red". Bah.

16-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Colour perception.
Blink Wrote:But this does intriguingly link into our discussions about colour. It is extremely irksome that this seems to support your view. Tongue

It does, doesn't it? You're just gonna have to change your p.o.v. then you won't feel irked about it!

16-08-2005, 07:25 PM
Colour perception.
1ST one was freaky.

2ND one was easy to see.

3RD one I'm with Blink...I thought the right one was lighter even with the mask on. :sad:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
16-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Colour perception.
survivorfan Wrote:It does, doesn't it? You're just gonna have to change your p.o.v. then you won't feel irked about it!
Enough of the smugness already. Allow me the dignity of conceding grumpily.

:laugh: