Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comedy Night.
22-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Comedy Night.

PJ Wrote:I also went to see Phil Kaye (Scottish comedian) in Glasgow's royal concert hall and that to was very funny.

He is HILARIOUS!! I have seen him a few times at the Edinburgh Festival. He used to host the Channel 4 show (through the Festival) So You Think You Are Funny. It was what it says on the tin, if you thought you were funny you got a 2 minute slot and then you got heckled to death!

I remember he done one show where he just phoned up people from the phone book and had really bizarre conversations with them.

We have the The Stand in Edinburgh too, I have been to it once but it was so smoky I had to leave but the smoking ban comes into force this Sunday, so I maybe able to go back!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Comedy Night.
Bella Wrote:We have the The Stand in Edinburgh too,
The Stand - that's the one I go to in Glasgow. Didn't realise they were a chain.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
23-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Comedy Night.
we had a great night in the Edinburgh Stand - copious amounts of beer and heckling - excellent. :thumbsup:

bam bam
Find all posts by this user
23-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Comedy Night.
Tigereye Wrote:Final line up isn't deffo yet, but Bill Bailey, Phil Jupitus, Rich Hall and a plethora of irish stand up [Dara O'Brian, Ardal O'Handlan etc] are regulars.

Can't wait!!! Hotels are expensive though.... they want €210.00 / night :ranting:

ooh I like Ardal O'...he is sooo different in stand up than he is on telly, even tho' I love fr dougal.Dara o' brian is not funny.Bah.
210 squids per night! Fekking hell.(u can stay with my sister..she will only charge you E 200! ) lol!

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
23-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Comedy Night.
You're on!! we're there for 3 nights so we'll save the price of a meal out! :laugh:

I wouldn't mind if it was Langtons or the Ormonde or somewhere, but the Kilford Arms?

tell your sis we're on da way!!

bam bam
23-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Comedy Night.
I went to Jongleurs in Portsmouth a while back.

It cost £15 and I thought the comedians were mostly pretty poor actually. One bloke thought it would be funny if he swore all the time ... it wasn't ****ing funny at all!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
23-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Comedy Night.
Tigereye Wrote:we had a great night in the Edinburgh Stand - copious amounts of beer and heckling - excellent. :thumbsup:

Shall we do it again....shall we? :devil: I do love a good heckling, I do!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
24-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Comedy Night.
Bella Wrote:Shall we do it again....shall we? :devil: I do love a good heckling, I do!

I'll come to that one!

[Image: 429.gif]
14-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Comedy Night.
I've been to the Comedy Store in London, years ago (Eddie Izzard was compere, very funny). Saw David Baddiel, who back then didn't impress me at all, but I've seen him since and he's improved.

Also went to the Laughter Lounge (?) in Dublin. Saw Rob Newman (Baddiel's ex partner) funnily enough and he was very funny. Very off the wall. That was more of a theatre environment, whereas the comedy store was sitting round tables near the stage. Much more intimate, imo.
On my return, I noticed that how dusty the outside of his car was and cleaned it up a bit.When I finally entered the house, I called out."The woman who loves you the most in the world Diablo 3 Gold just cleaned your headlights and windshield."
My husband looked up and said, "Mom's here?"