Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complaining - Do you do it?
15-04-2005, 10:10 AM

Following on from a post I made in another thread....

Whilst out last night for a meal, one of the woman found some broken bits of glass in her water glass, and told the waitress. Well then this other woman starts piping in and basically totally antagonising the whole staff, saying things really loudly like "I can call envoironmental health and get you closed down"
Now really I think she went about this totally the wrong way, she didn't give the restaurant chance to apologise and say they would look into the matter.
The glass wasn't put there deliberately and sometimes these things do happen. As long as the place is made aware of the problem and something is done about it, what more can you do?

I for one don't like confrontation, but as I get older I am more likely to complain if I feel something isn't right.

Do you complain, or do you just "put up with it".
If you do complain, how do you go about it. Do you charge in all heads ablazing or do you take the apologetic route..."Oh I'm sorry, but I found hair/glass/plaster in my soup.

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2005, 10:17 AM
I will complain if I am not happy with whatever service I am paying for, but I would never start off by being rude, there is no need to be rude, and as we all know, accidents and mistakes happen.......

If it is a utility service that I am not happy with and its a telephone complaint, I will always tell the person I am speaking to that I am not happy, that I will probably rant and rave, but to please not to take it personally, as I appreciate they are only doing their job, but that I am not satisfied with the service I am paying for......and I usually find that they are more willing to help me then.......

However, if I dont get the required response or think that I am being treated shabbily, then I have to confess, I will morph into a "She Devil" and god help anyone who tries to pull a fast one :devil:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
Find all posts by this user
15-04-2005, 10:27 AM
Do I

But in the nieces possible way

And if that don’t work stropy ain’t the word

[b][i]Life is not that long [Image: 36_1_12.gif]
[/b][/i]
15-04-2005, 10:29 AM
Cockney Wrote:Do I

But in the nieces possible way

And if that don’t work stropy ain’t the word

Am I right in thinking that one is a lovely Leo like myself Cockers :unsure: :laugh:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
15-04-2005, 10:36 AM
You are right Andrea, shouting empty threats doesn't do anyone any good and mistakes do happen. You have to give whoever is at fault the chance to explain and put things right. I have complained on several occassions where I think I have received unjust service and in most occassions because the complaint was handled well I would return to use their services.

Everyone deserves a second chance.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
15-04-2005, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2005 10:51 AM by Cockney.)
Isis Wrote:Am I right in thinking that one is a lovely Leo like myself Cockers :unsure: :laugh:

Yes how did you know?

You have a point Bella but our solicitor is on chance number five

What a bunch of tosses

Never use bustards and thieves Country wide property lawyers they are crap

[b][i]Life is not that long [Image: 36_1_12.gif]
[/b][/i]
15-04-2005, 10:47 AM
It depends on where I am and how much I'm paying if I will complain about poor service or not......if it's a dive then I figure hey what do I expect for below average prices...if it's a nicer joint, then I expect better service and sometimes speak up if its poor but will rarely return unless they really make it up to me! :unsure:

I do tend to bottle up my angst more than speaking out and will moan at the next person I meet about it......I should speak up more than I do at the time really! :shutup:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
15-04-2005, 11:04 AM
I never complain, but then I have Cockney.

Why keep a rottweiler and bark yourself :w00t:

Bollox to potplants
15-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Yes I will always complain if I don't receive the service I am paying for. However, as I spent my mispent youth working in shops I know what it is like to be on the receiving end of a complaint so I am always very polite. I find that if you are making a reasonable complaint, and use a polite but firm tone of voice, that usually things will be resolved to your satisfaction.

There is no point starting the complaint shouting as all that does is upset the person you are shouting at and make it less likely that they will make an effort to rectify things for you.

Like Isis, if I am talking to a call centre rep on the phone I will always make it clear that I am not cross with them personally, but cross with the service I have received from the company as a whole. Afterall, it is not the fault of the poor wretch on the phone that NTL engineers haven't turned up yet again. Rolleyes
15-04-2005, 12:26 PM
I will complain if I feel it's needed but you don't need to be rude to get your point across - unless they start it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Do you enjoy complaining? Dolores 14 1,899 14-03-2006 01:11 PM
Last Post: MariaRob