Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations to Connie Fisher.
18-09-2006, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2006 06:30 PM by Northern angel.)

Connie Fisher, on Saturday won the final of 'How do you solve the problem of Maria'. Connie promised not to let anyone down and that each night would be an opening night.

Of all the contestants Connie had been the bookies favourite to win this coveted role and throughout the series had been the most consistent of all the performers.

The show hosted by Graham Norton had in fact been secretly watched with interest by a number of music industry recording tycoons and according to ALW a number of the shows contestants will not only have a career in musical theatre but some a good chance of a music recording contract.

Is this a sign that quality will finally win the day, when one SC , LW, S Fuller recognise talent when it stares them in the face. No karoake here.

MAUREEN
NORTHERN ANGEL.

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2006, 08:34 AM
Has anyone seen the advert showing Connie singing a variety of songs for sale on CD ?

It is awful - and im sorry but i want to slap her .... hard. I didnt watch the TV show when they picked the new Maria, but from what i have heard on the advert her voice is very weak. Her 'acting' whilst singing is appauling.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2006, 01:54 AM
Hello Bonsai,

I've heard the opposite, inside the industry they think she's wonderful, far better than Emma Williams and because tickets are selling fast (70% sold so far) for the opening months ALW is overjoyed. Also the present Von Trapp Kin feel that she will bring new life to the role last publicised as portrayed by Petula Clark at the age of 51 in her first comeback.

Petula Clark has still had the largest advance sale of tickets for her role as Maria Von Trapp and has the original blessing and thumbs up as the best to date from the then ageing Maria Von Trapp in 1981. The first digital recording still exists of this production.

As a Julie Andrews fan, I do intend to compare the three recordings for an industry editorial soon.

I gather in the meantime though that Connie is doing some extensive promotional work for the show and will be performing 8 out 8 show times. I think we should wish her the best of British, as this will be hard for a trained new professional singer in her first real engagement. I hope she uses her real soprano voice instead of her belt speech range which should be discouraged, due to the strong likelihood of vocal damage with stress and high expectations to do well.

MAUREEN
NORTHERN ANGEL

17-10-2006, 01:25 AM
Well done to Connie Fisher. Who has not only successfully landed an official six month contract to play Maria in 'The Sound of Music' but has also landed a recording deal into the bargain.

Connie Fisher first CD sales of songs from the musicals, is a strong example of what to expect from a promising young professional singer. Sales are doing well indeed and at present she is holding steady at fifth place in the latest Album chart within one week of her Cd's release.

If you are the sort to enjoy the likes of Marti Webb and Elaine Paige this CD definitely enters the Genre for quaity theatre performances, and marks the start of musical journey that has gone from reality TV talent show through to professional stage contracts and the enviable professional recording contract.

It is a good CD and it makes for very relaxing and enjoyable entertainment, something which is a rarity in these days where pumping up the volume seems to be the entertainment genre more suitable to the portrayal of extremely mediocre artists being pimped for sexual appeal as opposed to quality and talent.

MAUREEN
NORTHERN ANGEL.