Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conspiracy Theories
25-08-2005, 01:42 PM
Conspiracy Theories

Following on what I was saying in the Dodi/Diana thread, I have just finished reading a book on conspiracy theories. According to the author, the whole world is run on a conspiracy, all the governments etc. He talked a lot about the Rothschilds et al, who have a lot to do with the financial markets having a lot of say in what governments do. I did wonder if the author was a bit extreme, but a lot of what he said did make a lot of sense. He really had done a lot of research.

What do you think, do you think the world governing bodies run on a conspiracy?

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Conspiracy Theories
Oooh, what was the book Tigger? I would be quite interested to read it. There isn't a story these days that doesn't have a conspiracy theory attached to it, but don't we just love it!!? Wink

I mean did Neil Armstrong really land on the moon, or was all filmed in a studio?! :blink:

Wonder what Slipper thinks of it all!? :wink_kiss

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
25-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Conspiracy Theories
I will have to phone the States to find out the name of the book Bella, as I borrowed it from my sister in law. But as soon as I do I will let you know.

It talks also about the Committee of 300, who apparently control world events, be it economic depressions etc. The Queen of England is supposed to be a member of this committee, and according to the book this committee hold the strings of the whole world.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
27-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Conspiracy Theories
ooh i would like to read this too!! i have a 15 hour journey to hk soon and i really need a book i can get stuck into!!

kookycat? she makes exceedingly good posts

[Image: pot002.gif]

[Image: egg03061.gif]
27-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Conspiracy Theories
I love a good conspiracy story my dad was always full of them and he was convinced that most sporting events were fixed. I have to say he was proved right in some cases. I will keep looking to see if you have posted the title as it sounds like a good read.
Find all posts by this user
30-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Conspiracy Theories
tigger767 Wrote:Following on what I was saying in the Dodi/Diana thread, I have just finished reading a book on conspiracy theories. According to the author, the whole world is run on a conspiracy, all the governments etc. He talked a lot about the Rothschilds et al, who have a lot to do with the financial markets having a lot of say in what governments do. I did wonder if the author was a bit extreme, but a lot of what he said did make a lot of sense. He really had done a lot of research.

What do you think, do you think the world governing bodies run on a conspiracy?

have you considered the fact that they wrote that book as a cover up double bluff? :wacko:

**I heart Northern Soul**
30-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Conspiracy Theories
Being from Asia, and knowing how useless the governments there are at cooperating on even the simplest things (and seeing it in Europe and N America but with a bigger budget), I can't see crediting goverments with being able to cooperate on anything in the slightest bit complicated without making a royal mess of it.

So it has to be private, with King Bill on the throne.
30-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Conspiracy Theories
sayangmouse Wrote:Being from Asia......

Not being nosey here Sayangmouse, but what part of Asia are you from? Anywhere near China?

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
31-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Conspiracy Theories
Indonesia Karen, but lots Chinese in Indonesia, and they get treated badly. There were really bad riots a few years ago and the Chinese were targeted in some extremley violent ways. The problem is that a lot of the wealth is with the Chinese, and this is resented by the mainly Malay-origin Indonesians. Religion also plays a part as the Chinese are rarely muslim, whereas most of the majority malays are.

I once heard (it is only a quip) that racism in Asia generally doesn't lead to problems (which in reality it does) as "each Asian race is so completely secure in its superiority over the others". I think this joke more related to the Chinese, Japanese and Koreans, but you understand where it comes from a little when you live there. There is intense rivalry between the Japanese and Korean and Chinese, mainly because of history and Japanese atrocities on both in the past (read the Rape of Nanking), also the Japanese colonised and did bad things to the Koreans in the past, all related to the Japanese perceiving the Chinese and Koreans to be of inferior race historically.

Malaysia and Indonesia, the racial problems are generally malay-chinese, and related to economic progress of each group more than anything. Thailand and the Philippines also have sizeable Chinese minorities, but integration seems to have gone much further there, possibly as they do not have the same religious divisions (Thailand being mainly budhist, philippines catholic).
31-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Conspiracy Theories
sayangmouse Wrote:Being from Asia, and knowing how useless the governments there are at cooperating on even the simplest things (and seeing it in Europe and N America but with a bigger budget), I can't see crediting goverments with being able to cooperate on anything in the slightest bit complicated without making a royal mess of it.
I agree. And you have to account for human greed and lust for power. Co-operation at the highest level is rather far-fetched.

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!