Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contestant Auditions
29-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Contestant Auditions

Hello everyone!

How very excited I am! I have an audition to be a contestant on the new series of Supermarket Sweep tomorrow! Just asking for advice really!

Has anyone ever been to one before? And do you have any tips for me? I really have no idea what to expect.

I'll let you know how i get one! :yahoo:

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2006, 08:06 AM
Contestant Auditions
does the great tangerine that is Dale Winton still do it?

I wish you well, Mars - my tip is head straight for the alcohol and cigarettes!

I didn't know this was still on, I watched it briefly once when I was poorly. I seem to remember some kind of general knowledge being involved as well as pushing and filling your trolley as fast as you can.

be warned those wheels are tricky - yuo may need to practice at your local supermarket - never mind the old ladies just treat them as slalom practice!

Let us know when it's going to be aired if you know! :good:
30-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Contestant Auditions
I know it's great fun and all but why are they bringing back all the old contestant shows... they did it with the price is right and others and it may just be my generation but does anyone really watch them????

and good luck.
Find all posts by this user
30-11-2006, 05:36 PM
Contestant Auditions
littlemissbig Wrote:I know it's great fun and all but why are they bringing back all the old contestant shows... they did it with the price is right and others and it may just be my generation but does anyone really watch them????

and good luck.

I don't know what generation you are LMB - but I'm 43 and I can't stand any of 'em. The last game show I remember watching on a weekly basis was The Generation Game when Bruce Forsyth did it orginally with Anthea Redfern, I was probably about 12!! those were innocent time when we only had one tv in the house and three tv channels!!
30-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Contestant Auditions
Had the audition today. it was very exciting. Not much to do with the show really. We had to introduce our partner, and then do a quiz (which we soooooo won!)

I think we will have the advantage, not because i thought we particularly stood out, but because we were BY FAR the youngest there!

We were told we will find out in December so fingers crossed!

Dol- Yes, Dale will be doing the new series. Its the first one for a while, and will be on at 5pm, so much more primetime!

I watched a repeat the other day, and the contestants went straight for the turkeys! But if we get to keep whats in our trollies, we'll certainly go for the booze!

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
30-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Contestant Auditions
Ooo soooo excited for you Mars! :applause:

I have made it through the initial sift of Survivor 2 and the Angus Deayton quiz show that had a short run a while back...about the news but not 'Have I got News for you' obviously.

I did spend a weekend filming in Swanage for a 'Bodywatching' show with a psychiatrist bloke who read body language but it has yet to be aired and it was over a year ago now...I think it was because they didn't get the results they were looking for with regards the test they were doing. :unsure:

I will be vocal during this years 'Seaside Rescue' - they may show a few shots of me aswell but I doubt it!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
01-12-2006, 06:14 AM
Contestant Auditions
This all exciting, hope it all goes well for you. I also know someone who has just had an audition for Deal or No Deal so it looks as though I`ll have to start watching these programmes now
01-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Contestant Auditions
Mars, the key is to be different - they're usually looking for people that are a bit quirky, so make something up about yourelf, or develop a nervous twitch. :wink_kiss

Bollox to potplants
01-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Contestant Auditions
For gawds sake don't mention that you'rr the mention of an internet forum -on the other hand...
01-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Contestant Auditions
I didn't think they had booze there to be had

The trick is to go for value isn't it? So

Washing powders
Lamb
Beef
Turkeys

See this site for a quick summary
http://www.ukgameshows.com/page/index.ph...rket_Sweep