Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Convenient or What?
28-11-2004, 01:20 AM
Convenient or What?

Is it just me that finds it slightly strange that each judge has one act in the final 3 or am I just being a little cynical?
Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2004, 02:55 AM
Convenient or What?
Well then call me cynical too ils cos that's what i thought. It may just be coincidence though...

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-11-2004, 09:27 AM
Convenient or What?
I wondered this and dismissed it - when you think the majority of the GBP who vote the vast majority are going to be females - and all three remaining acts have a solid female fan base - so no I am not surprised or cycical about it.
28-11-2004, 10:03 AM
Convenient or What?
I think you are right ILS - and sorry to say Flip I think that maybe tv executives would perhaps manipluate/distort/lie about voting figures if they thought each judge having one act in the final would make viewing more compelling! Now that is being cynical. We never actually know even what the percentage of votes is let alone actual figures.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
29-11-2004, 11:00 AM
Convenient or What?
I think the voting goes two ways.

Some people are voting with the judges, ie there is a Louis vote, a Sharon vote, and a Simon vote (even an anti Simon vote). This can be split into two parts - some votes are judge specific, others are going to side with groups (Louis), older acts (Simon), or younger acts (Sharon), just becuase of their ages and tastes.

Some people are voting with the acts only and their perception of talent.

I was yabbing when there were 5 acts left that G4 were now safe for a while as they would sew up all the group vote and the Louis vote, while the other judges would now get split votes. What happened next? Sharon's acts ended up bottom two - spilt vote for her acts.

Next time out, Louis's votes were all G4, Sharon's votes were all Tab, Simon's got split. I BET that Steve was the second lowest.

Now? Steve will get a lot of Row's votes (either because he's older, or Simon's).

Based on the above - I think Louis has the weakest vote - read G4 going out next. Sharon the next weakest vote - read Tab coming second.

But Tab might win it - he's well ahead in the unoffical poles, and his lead seems to be increasing. Is he any good? Well, I just remember one of the unbreakable rulse of kareoke....NEVER try sing a Bon Jovi song. Few peopel realise just how well that guy can sing until others try singing his songs and you start to appreciate hte power and range in his voice. Tab struggled with a Steve Tyler song and I can remember saying at the time "..as long as he doesn't try a Jovi one he'll be ok...". So I cringed when I knew he was going to try, and as we saw, his limited range was exposed. But I still like him, and if Madonna can have singing lessons for Evita, Tab can having singing lessons for the Jovi stuff...he could get there.