Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooker sale
02-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Cooker sale

I dont know if im being silly, but im feeling a little miffed.

I sold my gas cooker to my colleagues (speph) daughter in law. Steph came to view it on her behalf, said it was perfect and that the money would be with me in the next few days.

Over a week later i finally got the cheque. Now, i sold the cooker for £150 - but the cheque is made out for £125. Also she has spelt my surname wrong, so the cheque might not go through.

I asked where the other £25 was .... and i was told that Steph had told her daughter in law that the cooker was £125 by accident, and that she herself would put in the remaining £25 as a moving in pressie.

But where is it ? She hasnt given it to me to bank. So i will now have to keep asking about this £25 (which i find embaressing) and i also doubt the cheque i do have will clear as the name is incorrect.

Am i right to feel a little miffed about all this ? I did them a favour by dropping the price of a lovely Stoves gas cooker for a quick sale - and i feel like they are trying to shaft me. £25 is a lot of money.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2006, 12:40 PM
Cooker sale
I'd be livid.

Just tell her straight that you need the £25 tomorrow. Do you still have the cooker?

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
02-08-2006, 12:52 PM
Cooker sale
Fee For All Wrote:I'd be livid.

Just tell her straight that you need the £25 tomorrow. Do you still have the cooker?
Thank god im not alone - i thought i was being ultra sensitive !!

Yes i do still have the cooker. They wont be taking it until i know the £125 has cleared. Its just this extra £25 thats riling me too. I mean, if the cheque doesnt clear then i will know relatively soon and will say they need to send me another cheque ...... but i want to know when ill get the £25. All Steph said was "dont worry, you'll get it", but she is a scatty cow, and i dont know if i believe her.

02-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Cooker sale
Repeat after me:
Calm, Calm, Calm

You dont want to blow a gasket over a missing letter and 25 quid from a work colleague.

It's not like you've flogged it on eBay and already had it collected, is it?Huh

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
02-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Cooker sale
Bonsai Wrote:Thank god im not alone - i thought i was being ultra sensitive !!

Yes i do still have the cooker. They wont be taking it until i know the £125 has cleared. Its just this extra £25 thats riling me too. I mean, if the cheque doesnt clear then i will know relatively soon and will say they need to send me another cheque ...... but i want to know when ill get the £25. All Steph said was "dont worry, you'll get it", but she is a scatty cow, and i dont know if i believe her.

That so reminds me of "duvetgate" lol. (It was a long time ago so may not be remembered by all). I'd be livid too and I don't like the "£25 as a moving pressie" - it's not a pressie, it's the amount owed for goodness sake. Sounds like she's doing you a favour.

Makes you think it's best not to buy or sell from friends. At least with strangers you can say what you think without feeling guilty or that you'll jeapardise your friendship.

Stick to your guns Bonnie and get what you asked.
02-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Cooker sale
Critique Wrote:At least with strangers you can say what you think without feeling guilty or that you'll jeapardise your friendship.

Or never see them again.

02-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Cooker sale
Groucho Wrote:You dont want to blow a gasket over a missing letter and 25 quid from a work colleague.

Of course a 'missing letter' and £25 is important. Thats £150 in total - which to me is a lot of money. Should i put a bow around it and give it to them as a pressie .... because its a work colleague ? No.

02-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Cooker sale
No, you should probably just mention it quietly tomorrow morning over tea and doughnuts or something.

02-08-2006, 01:53 PM
Cooker sale
Anyhow, if it's only a small spelling mistake your bank will cash the cheque.

02-08-2006, 01:57 PM
Cooker sale
Groucho Wrote:No, you should probably just mention it quietly tomorrow morning over tea and doughnuts or something.

Make sure she pays for the doughnuts :laugh:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  for sale ... survivorfan 8 2,211 07-12-2008 07:09 PM
Last Post: Mars
  SO for sale on Ebay floopy 2 758 03-08-2006 01:05 PM