Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooking
27-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Cooking

I know we have some domestic goddesses (and gods probably) amongst us, but I take no pleasure in cooking.

Today I decided to do something different - a vegetarian version of shepherds pie - which took me ages and my kitchen looked like a bomb had hit it by the time I'd finished.

Also I bought a jar of Ground Mace only to discover I had an unopened one in the cupboard (best before 2002 Blush ).

And I've no doubt that the family will hate it. Dunno why I bother really.

So, is anyone with me?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Cooking
Is anyone with you where Max?
27-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Cooking
100% Maxine. I hate cooking but it isn't helped by having a husband who eats no vegetables other than tinned peas and baked beans and who also smothers everything with tomato ketchup - YUK!

I was watching "Come Dine With Me" - second series on Channel 4 at 4pm. I really fancy stuffed mushrooms. They looked delicious and the recipe is on the Channel 4 website. I think I would have a go but there's no incentive to do it just for me.

Even if I do get up the enthusiasm to do something different he wouldn't eat it so our meals tend to be very unimaginative, just meat potatoes and peas (except I buy those packs of ready to micro-wave veg just for me).
27-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Cooking
It all depends on the mood I'm in - sometimes I enjoy it - other times I hate it.

(I'm probably a better cook than my wife though!)

[Image: grinning-smiley-001.gif]

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
27-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Cooking
We did home-ec last semester and although I hate cooking and never do it at home, doing it once a week at school was fun. We made little boring stuff like scones and muffins- stuff I don't eat. So I gave it all to my mom! :laugh:
27-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Cooking
maxine Wrote:Today I decided to do something different

These are the words that strike terror into the heart of any ordinary family .... umm something different ... just sounds too scarey and too much trouble and too many moans and groans from the family to EVEN attempt!

Well done Max!

Hope the family enjoyed it!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
27-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Cooking
maxine Wrote:I take no pleasure in cooking.

So, is anyone with me?

I'm with you Max, I view cooking the same way as I do ironing, cleaning etc, a chore that has to be done.
27-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Cooking
Update - it was horrible. :sick: The boys ate it - the girls didn't.
27-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Cooking
maxine Wrote:Update - it was horrible. :sick: The boys ate it - the girls didn't.

Did the boys eat it in an "enjoyable scoffing down, can I have seconds kind" of way? or a "if I don't eat this I'm gonna starve" kind of way?

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
27-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Cooking
No Max I cannot agree I have a little saying in my life:

Good Food is equal to Good Sex.

And I produce bluddy fantastic food - and I have never ever heard Mr F complain, I would like to include everybody else I have ever cooked for - but I cannot claim to have had sex with them all! Sadly!!:unsure:

Edit: I have to edit this because above reads like I may have had sex with some of them and that is not true - so I re-phrase the above to say:

but I cannot claim to have had sex with any of them!!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cooking when drunk .... is it EVER a good idea?! Dolores 3 741 20-10-2006 10:16 AM
Last Post: Critique
  I'm Cooking a Cantonese.... Cat 10 929 27-08-2005 10:04 AM
Last Post: Patsy