Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coronation Street
21-12-2005, 11:27 AM
Coronation Street

Couldn't find the other thread, so started a new one.

Who else is annoyed with Audrey - who the heck does she think she is poking her nose about Rosie & Craig's relationship? What business is it of hers? I mean, her granddaughter was having it off when she was 13 and now she is shagging anything that moves and she preaches to Rosie who has known Craig for ages and isn't sleeping around!

I wanted to smack her smug pig-headed face as she was well out of order threatening to tell Kevin.

Although can you imagine Sally's face when she finds out?! :shocking:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2005, 11:36 AM
Coronation Street
Oooohh i feel exactly the same as you Bella. I know they are under age, but they are using precautions and being sensible. Kids are more sexually active at an earlier age these days - and as you say, they have been dating for 18 months before anything happened. Also - neither of them look 15 do they !!!

I didnt like the fact that Audrey - Sarah's Grandma was so hypocritical. I mean, she must have had Gail young, and then Sarah has followed the tradition. Maybe she should pay more attention to her own family seeing as David is currently causing mayhem.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
21-12-2005, 11:54 AM
Coronation Street
Bonsai Wrote:Maybe she should pay more attention to her own family seeing as David is currently causing mayhem.

Totally agree. Horse-face Audreh should keep her beak out. She must have one of the most dysfunctional familes on the street. Her grand-daughter was shagging the brother of the father of her second illegitmate child (sadly now deceased) only hours after finishing with Scooter. David is totally off the rails, getting drunk, playing truant and now breaking into his mother's lover's flat. Nick the elder son is never mentioned, what happened to him by the way? And she herself after having not one but two illegitimate kids before she was 20, is now shagging some dirty unkempt old git who looks like he could do with a good bath.

I think Rosie is extremely pretty without her Goth slap on and her relationship with Craig is very sweet.
Find all posts by this user
02-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Coronation Street
I know it's only TV but what are everyone's thoughts on the Rosie/Craig storyline?

I know they're only 15 but they love each other. Still, if it was my daughter I'm sure I'd be angry but not particularly with Craig. After all he's been through. Kevin was totally over the top. I was just dying for Rosie to tell Kevin about Sally's latest affair.
02-01-2006, 07:46 PM
Coronation Street
I don't think I would be angry - I know they are 15 but they have been seeing each other quite a while and it was only a matter of time. I would feel more annoyed if it wasn't a long term relationship and my daughter was sleeping around with more than one boy. Kevin & Sally are crap parents, both have the morals of alley cats and are thick as mince. As you say Max, I hope Rosie does tell Kevin about Sally's affair with her boss.

Teenagers are more sexually aware and Craig & Rosie were taking precautions, I think in that sense I would feel quite happy about that, although I do think at 15 some kids are just not emotionally ready for a sexual relationship.

Oooh, it's a difficult one!

02-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Coronation Street
I think the way that Craig has been treated is particularly harsh. This young boy at a very awkward age has seen his father murdered by his sister who later committed suicide and had his mum chucked into prison. I'm appalled at the lack of kindness shown towards Craig by the women in the street. As a viewer I just want to mother him and tell him he's doing great!

btw - I do know it's only a soap!

I think Sally needs to take a good long hard look at herself before launching herself at Craig! To be quite honest I'm surprised that they are all so outraged ... what on earth did they expect. Surely parents dont' really react like this? I'm not saying ignore it, but I'm saying get it into proportion a bit! Hope I'm not that nutty when my son starts doing "it"!!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
02-01-2006, 11:15 PM
Coronation Street
Sally is doing herself no favours is she, having a go at poor Hayley? And who does Gail Platt think she is, her daughter got pregnant at 13 and is now sleeping with any Tom, Dick or Harry who will have her? And she dishes it out but can't take it when anyone passes judgement on her precious children.......but yes it is only a soap........:bag:

I just wonder where they are going to go with the Mike storyline, it was mentioned that he was going to have Alzheimers but to date there is no cure, so is this the end for Mike?

03-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Coronation Street
Bella Wrote:I just wonder where they are going to go with the Mike storyline, it was mentioned that he was going to have Alzheimers but to date there is no cure, so is this the end for Mike?

I think Jonny Briggs is leaving and this is the way they are writing Mike out. I think its a shame that the character has to end up like this, he should have just jetted off to live in the Costa Del Cockney and made the odd cameo return appearance.
03-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Coronation Street
Considering how long Alzheimer's can take to develop, he could be around for years to come yet! I think Corry are very brave tackling such a sensitive issue and look forward to seeing how they handle it.

And as for Rosie and Craig, in this day and age, isn't it more surprising that they waited as long as they did? And that they are at least taking precautions? I'm not condoning it and don't know how I would react, especially if it were my daughter, but I do think they seem to have acted quite sensibly. Kevin's reaction is quite typical of his reactions to every trauma he's had over his Corry years, so no surprise there. And Lady Sally has somehow developed into this holier-than-thou, sh!t-don't-smell snooty cow when she has proven time and time again that she has the self-restraint of a randy dog in a kennel full of bitches on heat.

It's certainly more real and believable than the dross that's going on on the "other side".
03-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Coronation Street
I meant to say in my post post that isnt Rosie 16 already? I seem to recall she was born in a taxi on Christmas Eve 1989 along with David Platt. I have to say I find Kevin and Sally's reaction incredible, you would think she was 12 they way they are carrying on. Oh and did anyone notice that Rosie told her sister to "go jump in front of a lorry" - not a very sensible thing to say being that Allison Kevin's former wife did exactly that!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Street Seabreeze 7 2,310 14-12-2007 06:30 PM
Last Post: Buzz
  Coronation Street MariaRob 246 26,966 14-12-2007 01:37 PM
Last Post: MariaRob
  Coronation Street ...... Pandora 457 39,915 24-11-2005 11:23 PM
Last Post: Pandora