Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cosmetic Surgery
20-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Cosmetic Surgery

Im sure we have had a thread on this before - but would anyone on here be tempted by cosmetic surgery, and what would you have done ?

I was quite gobsmacked when reading a magazine last month. It featured 4 girls under the age of 30 who were all desperate to have botox or similar (I know this might not be classes as 'surgery' per se, but its similar). I couldnt believe that someone so young would consider botox. Im 27 (ahem) and i havent a single line on my face - yet, although i know one day i will look in the mirror and find myself looking like ET. I put it down to moisturising from the age of 8 (i liked to copy my mum) and i have always had a good skin routine. But even so - fancy tampering with your face at such an early age !!!!!

Now - if i were to get surgery done, and if it were painless i would have liposuction. I would love my thighs, tummy, back and bum to reduce. But seeing as it isnt painless - i will never contemplate it.

Oh - and i would have a boob reduction too, and be a pert C cup.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2005, 10:19 AM
Cosmetic Surgery
Each to their own I say.

I'd like to think that I would be confident enough in myself not to think that I needed to appear younger in order to be happier / more successful / more attractive / fulfilled etc. etc. but I couldn't say for sure that would always be the case. There might come a time where I was so disappointed with my appearance that it was having negative impact on my life. Then, perhaps, I might be prepared to overcome my fears, the pain, and the risks to consider cosmetic surgery. I'd like to think it would never happen.......but you can never say never.

I certainly wouldn't put myelf in the lofty position of "judging" people who have opted for some sort of cosmetic enhancement. That is their choice. Although I am inclined to think that it should be entirely unnecessary for someone in the 20's (barring accidents etc) and that if someone that young was considering cosmetic enhancement, then they perhaps would be better off considering alternative options such as a change in lifestyle and diet. Such things can have a dramatic effect on appearance.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
20-10-2005, 11:48 AM
Cosmetic Surgery
Maybe a nose job. I get it from my Greek side, big nose! :laugh:
20-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Cosmetic Surgery
...Ooh i wouldn't have my nose done...I rather like my nose... :wink2:

...But no i wouldn't have plastic sugery...and neither should anyone else...Everyone looks how they're supposed to look and they shouldn't try and change it... :wink2:
Find all posts by this user
20-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Cosmetic Surgery
I'd like to have the fat sucked out of my big fat belly, a nose job and general face lift.
20-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Cosmetic Surgery
Lola3001 Wrote:...Ooh i wouldn't have my nose done...I rather like my nose... :wink2:

...But no i wouldn't have plastic sugery...and neither should anyone else...Everyone looks how they're supposed to look and they shouldn't try and change it... :wink2:

I thought that too - when I was a teenager. :laugh:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
21-10-2005, 10:01 AM
Cosmetic Surgery
I have always felt that, if you have a facial / body deformity and want to get it removed or made prettier - go ahead and do it. I would.

If you have a nose thats massive and shaped like a beak - and its making your life a misery and you have no self confidence - get it done. I would.

If anything on your body is making you feel terrible, and it can be changed .... get it done.

BUT what i dont see the point in is people getting poison squirted into their face (which incidentally needs doing every 6 months .... and who knows what the effects will be in 10 years time). People who increase their boob size from something normal to a size GGGGGGG, and people who have bum implants so they can look like JLo

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me